WR Marcus Fleming

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fleming commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

50 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I can see the field really well were I sit at the games and our OL flat out misses assignments.  I love when fans bitch about the big sack on Martinez.  He never had a chance because Hixon wiffed his block and he could not get out of the tackle box to throw the ball away.  He is lucky he did not fumble when Jaimes did even touch his guy from the blind side on 2 other occasions.  The line is bad because of youth and games playing out of position.  Martinez does not trust them and I can not blame him.  Next year, Farnick will get to move inside,  the rest of the line will have 1 year of experience and Hixon will very seldom see the field! 

What sack are you talking about where Hixon whiffed his block?  I've watched the 40 minute version and don't see that.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What sack are you talking about where Hixon whiffed his block?  I've watched the 40 minute version and don't see that.

He wasn’t paying attention. The play Martinez loses 20 yards and doesn’t throw the ball away. It definitely wasn’t Hixson’s fault. I also can’t imagine why they would bench a RS SO who has been given 9 starts, if anything he’ll compete with Wilson at G.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

He wasn’t paying attention. The play Martinez loses 20 yards and doesn’t throw the ball away. It definitely wasn’t Hixson’s fault. I also can’t imagine why they would bench a RS SO who has been given 9 starts, if anything he’ll compete with Wilson at G.

OK...the play in question is at 23:30.  Please  tell me how Hixon is just standing around watching and had anything to do with the sack.

12 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

He has been benched a couple of times in the second half of games.  I can understand why he keeps starting because he is terrible.

14 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

Martinez was telling Frost that Baun either hit his arm as he was trying to throw it away, or he thought Baun would have anyway. He was trying to avoid another Indiana situation - obviously he needs to not put himself in a situation where he's 20 yards back after scrambling into the spy, but not getting rid of it was arguably the right move once he got himself into that position.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Martinez was telling Frost that Baun either hit his arm as he was trying to throw it away, or he thought Baun would have anyway. He was trying to avoid another Indiana situation - obviously he needs to not put himself in a situation where he's 20 yards back after scrambling into the spy, but not getting rid of it was arguably the right move once he got himself into that position.

The only way I see that sack not happening is if A) Farniok doesn't go inside to help block or...B)  Martinez rolls out to the left instead of trying to go right.  B is where I find the biggest fault.

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He has been benched a couple of times in the second half of games.  I can understand why he keeps starting because he is terrible.

Wilson is the weakest link on the line.

13 hours ago, Decked said:

If you want to read some funny s#!t look at the Miami message boards on CaneInsider. They have some toxic fans to say the least. They still think the U is the greatest 

I read CanesInSight a lot and they are going nuts over this.  A majority of them are calling this a done deal and that Fleming will be headed here and it might sway Francios also.   They have also said that another commit of theirs might be headed this way but haven't named a name yet cause they just heard it second-hand. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I read CanesInSight a lot and they are going nuts over this.  A majority of them are calling this a done deal and that Fleming will be headed here and it might sway Francios also.   They have also said that another commit of theirs might be headed this way but haven't named a name yet cause they just heard it second-hand. 

Any idea who that other person may be?

• Mavric pinned this topic