Audit finds mismanagement in Washington State athletics while Moos was AD

Kirk Schulz was previously K-State's president, and they're not exactly a big-time athletic department. Anyone remember hearing any reports like this out of K-State? From what I heard, Schulz seemed to be pretty well liked there. Then again, it may have been a culture of 'Grandpa Snyder is willing to work for cheap, so let's not spend any money'...

I think to make a definitive judgment on this, I'd have to dig far deeper into Wash St's football budget and inner workings of their athletic department and meh...I don't care a bit, let alone enough to do that.

However, it would be prudent for Bounds and Green, going forward, to keep a fairly close eye on what Moos does.  If what occurred at Wash St was wrong, egregious, or dare I say criminal, looking the other way is the wrong thing to do.  Trust but verify.

• Plus1 1

This article also doesn’t include how abysmal of a job Larry Scott has performed as league commissioner and how revenue hasn’t matched what was expected. Their tv programming is shoddy because their network isn’t even carried by all major providers in WA state, let alone the PAC12 region.

My brother went to WSU in the 90s before transferring and finishing up elsewhere, but is still a big fan of WSU and has friends who knew of this situation back when Moos was hired here. People close to the university saw this as a nothingburger 7-8 months ago and said the same thing as Teach said. The president and Moos didn’t see eye to eye. 

Martin Stadium was nothing special before the renovations, and although I haven’t been on campus since the upgrades, but from what I’ve seen on TV it looks so much nicer. 

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

This article also doesn’t include how abysmal of a job Larry Scott has performed as league commissioner and how revenue hasn’t matched what was expected. Their tv programming is shoddy because their network isn’t even carried by all major providers in WA state, let alone the PAC12 region.

My brother went to WSU in the 90s before transferring and finishing up elsewhere, but is still a big fan of WSU and has friends who knew of this situation back when Moos was hired here. People close to the university saw this as a nothingburger 7-8 months ago and said the same thing as Teach said. The president and Moos didn’t see eye to eye. 

Martin Stadium was nothing special before the renovations, and although I haven’t been on campus since the upgrades, but from what I’ve seen on TV it looks so much nicer. 

Yes, in addition to there being legitimate need to get WSU's G5 level stadium and facilities to modern P5 level there is the issue that income isn't where member schools were sold it would be by Scott. 

• Plus1 1