CB Javin Wright [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Wright commit?

• Nebraska
    • UCLA
    • Arizona
    • Washington
    • Arizona State

This poll is closed to new votes

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound prospect reached the double-digit offer mark this past spring evaluation period and recently narrowed his focus to a top four that included the Huskers, nearby Arizona State, UCLA and Washington.

Nebraska, where Wright's father, Toby, played his college ball, is the perceived frontrunner currently holding all six of the votes in the Crystal Ball. Wright suffered a minor knee injury Friday night but still made the trip to Lincoln, getting around campus with the help of crutches.

"The facilities were great," Wright said. "I thought they might be older but my dad knew what they used to look like, so it was great to see that everything had been redone. I'm injured right now so it took a bit of time to get from place to place, but it was fine. It didn't affect things too much. We had to decide Friday night whether I wanted to go or not, and I said, 'I'm not missing this official. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.'

"Nebraska is currently No. 1. That could change, but they are definitely at the top for me. I want to get back out there for another game but we'll have to see where it fits into my schedule."

UCLA is set to draw an official visit the weekend of Oct. 20 when the Bruins host Arizona. Wright picked up the UCLA offer back in mid April, shortly after he took an unofficial visit to campus to see the Bruins in spring practice. The other two Pac-12 suitors are also in the mix.

"I'm looking to get out to Washington for an official in December before the early signing period," Wright said. "I've been out to ASU three times and gotten a close look at everything, so I'm not sure I'll be taking an official there. Right now I'm planning to make a decision in December."

39 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Isn't 6'3" tall for a DB?  Dont get me wrong, get him signed, but are any of our other similar in height or would he possibly move over to WR?  Heck at his height it might help him in coverage, who knows 

There’s not a ton of DBs that tall, but that’s moreso that a 6’3” legit DB is quite the luxury.

53 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

It sounds good in theory but I like guys who can turn and run. The top 8/10 CBs in the NFL are 6'0 or 6'1 

For what it’s worth, the Colorado corner we are all talking about for catching Greg Bell is listed at 6’3”. I agree with you but I also think there’s a place for long, rangy corners.

Just now, Caliborn72 said:

For what it’s worth, the Colorado corner we are all talking about for catching Greg Bell is listed at 6’3”. I agree with you but I also think there’s a place for long, rangy corners.

I think you could've caught Bell on that run....in all seriousness I am okay with taking taller corners I just think they need to have the hip movement to stay with receivers. 

• Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Javin Wright [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic