** 2018 Opponent Previews: Minnesota (Game 8) **

21 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Definitely. Iowa has a pretty favorable cross over schedule this year and ours is about as tough as you can get. It would suck to beat Iowa head to head and watch them go to Indy.

Think about the future. When Frost turns things around, we will have the easy cross over schedule.

2 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Think about the future. When Frost turns things around, we will have the easy cross over schedule.

Don't think so. May be easier, but as we get better I expect the Big 10 to continue to schedule us against at least 2 of the top 4 cross over teams, if not 3 like this year. Delaney said he wants these marquee matchups.

8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

is about as good as it get. , but as we get better I expect the Big 10 to continue to schedule us against at least 2 of the top 4 cross over teams, if not 3 like this year. Delaney said he wants these marquee matchups.

Is this allowed? Isn't there a required algorithm that dictates an equal number of crossover games against each team in the opposing division in a given number of years? NW could end up winning the division just because Nebraska and Wisconsin are playing tough crossover games.

2019 looks fairly easy. Indian, Maryland and Ohio State. With four quality teams in the other division, we will never avoid them all, but 2019 is about as good as it gets. Throw in South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois for the OOC schedule, and we make finally break the Solich curse and lose less than 4 games in 2019.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Is this allowed? Isn't there a required algorithm that dictates an equal number of crossover games against each team in the opposing division in a given number of years? NW could end up winning the division just because Nebraska and Wisconsin are playing tough crossover games.

2019 looks fairly easy. Indian, Maryland and Ohio State. With four quality teams in the other division, we will never avoid them all, but 2019 is about as good as it gets. Throw in South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois for the OOC schedule, and we make finally break the Solich curse and lose less than 4 games in 2019.

Things are set up pretty nicely.

9 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Delaney said he wants these marquee matchups.

Fine, as long as Wisconsin, et al, get the same treatment. What shouldn't happen is the division titles decided by lopsided schedules. It's a huge reason to be against conference structures so large that it doesn't include symmetrical scheduling. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Im not sure and I can't seem to find where he said that but I seem to remember him (Delany) saying something along those lines. Obviously 2019 we avoid 3 of the big 4, and as you said, thats the easiest we are going to get.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Now down to 1 scholarship QB on their roster, who is a redshirt freshman. Also have a walk on true freshman.  And that’s it for QBs.

Not sure how you can actually run a practice with only 2 QBs.

Also - i know their walkon QB isn't really walk on caliber  -- had some D1 offers but chose to stay in his home state.  So, in my mind he's basically a scholarship player.  I imagine they'll give him a scholarship soon.

16 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Also - i know their walkon QB isn't really walk on caliber  -- had some D1 offers but chose to stay in his home state.  So, in my mind he's basically a scholarship player.  I imagine they'll give him a scholarship soon.

The walkon is a low 3*, rated .8355, #50 pro style QB.  He had 2 P5 offers, Illinois and Pitt.  He did attend IMG.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zack-Annexstad-84892/high-school-147021

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The walkon is a low 3*, rated .8355, #50 pro style QB.  He had 2 P5 offers, Illinois and Pitt.  He did attend IMG.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zack-Annexstad-84892/high-school-147021

Just went to look up the guy who DOES have a scholarship, and he is rated only a slight hair better, and has mostly MAC offers.

https://247sports.com/player/tanner-morgan-81467 -- rated .8375.