Mavric

DB Jamel Starks

HuskerBoard Predictor  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Jamel Starks

Hometown: Decatur, Georgia

School: Southwest Dekalb

Position: Athlete, Cornerback, Safety

Height: 5/11

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Ball State, Buffalo, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Tulane, UCF, Western Kentucky

Visits: 9/8/18 vs. Colorado

Twitter

247 Composite: #998 Overall; #91 ATH; .8516; :star :star :star 

Rivals: :star :star :star  
247: #63 ATH; :star :star :star 
ESPN

Hudl

That's a pretty ugly offer list. Color me super unimpressed by how are DB recruiting has been this cycle. 

• Plus1 4

41 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

That's a pretty ugly offer list. Color me super unimpressed by how are DB recruiting has been this cycle. 

You're wading into murky waters where only a few reside.

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Yeah, I agree. It has been lackluster so far. I will sit back and wait to judge too harshly, given that it is June, but it has my attention.

He has added an NC offer,  WV offer, Rutgers offer and a few other P5 schools since we have offered.  Clemson, Auburn and Michigan St. have stopped by to talk to him also. 

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

He has added an NC offer,  WV offer, Rutgers offer and a few other P5 schools since we have offered.  Clemson, Auburn and Michigan St. have stopped by to talk to him also. 

They're no Alabama. We're supposed to only offer kids Alabama has offered. Recruits like it when schools take a long time to notice them.

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They're no Alabama. We're supposed to only offer kids Alabama has offered. Recruits like it when schools take a long time to notice them.

Give me that over Ball State or ECU. There needs to be a happy medium. We have no depth and should be using that to our advantage when recruiting DBs. These coaches have proven themselves though, so time will tell. 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Give me that over Ball State or ECU. There needs to be a happy medium. We have no depth and should be using that to our advantage when recruiting DBs. These coaches have proven themselves though, so time will tell. 

I trust these coaches to evaluate and find players before the top schools sometimes, and we've seen that happen with a few players now, where they had s#!t offers and we found them and then they got good offers. In the post I'm quoting it says he's had better offers now and a visit from the national champion 2 years ago, among others.

Whereas with the last coach I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out they just evaluated players by looking at who offered them, end of story.

3 hours ago, Ziebol said:

I think 247 has an article about what Fisher values in recruits.   Can't read it bc I am not a member but I am guessing he is looking for specific guys who are competitive, physical,   and got a little dog in them.  Guessing he would take dennard and Prince type guys over Lamar Jackson types.   

Way too early to judge but your concern is legit.  I am very excited to see cam Taylor, cam homes, and Braxton Clark develop.  I am sure his group he brings in this year will be cut from a similar mold.

Ugh.

Why can’t we let them recruit, get guys on campus, show what they can do on and off the field and then judge? Let’s can Fischer already. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, am I doing this right?

Seriously, yes we want highly ranked guys, but there are plenty of great college football players who were overlooked coming out of HS. Can we please just hold off on overly critical comments about recruits we have no clue about?

• Plus1 5

5 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Not much different than the rest of our commits....(sans Thompkins)

Kids tape is pretty impressive.  Plays field or boundary corner, nickel corner and deep safety.  Shows ability to cover, make plays on the ball, and tackle.  Makes plays at inside and outside wr spots, as well as running back on offense too.  Has a play around the 3:40 Mark were he refuses to let up on a play and chases down a screen that should have went for a touchdown.   For a corner that is built more like a cover guy he is not afraid of contact.  

16 minutes ago, Ed Helms said:

Ok except most of their big ones were non-commitable...

None of us know whether they were or not, so if that's your argument I'll just move on. 

35 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

The article on the front page of Nebraska 247 at the moment says Colorado on the 9th. 

I thought this was the Mullen thread. My bad. No clue on Starks

44 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I thought this was the Mullen thread. My bad. No clue on Starks

It's 3:35pm on a Wednesday, put the bottle away. 

• Plus1 8

Talked quite a bit about how he loved his visit.  Said he doesn't have a list of favorites but if he had a Top 5 Nebraska would be in it.

Working on setting up a visit to West Virginia next month and planning to visit NC State in December.  Also hearing from LSU and South Carolina - but no offers - so he's considering unofficial visits to those schools.

He said he probably won't have all his officials taken by December so he's planning to wait and sign if February.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Talked quite a bit about how he loved his visit.  Said he doesn't have a list of favorites but if he had a Top 5 Nebraska would be in it.

Working on setting up a visit to West Virginia next month and planning to visit NC State in December.  Also hearing from LSU and South Carolina - but no offers - so he's considering unofficial visits to those schools.

He said he probably won't have all his officials taken by December so he's planning to wait and sign if February.

Dang, really wanted to wrap this kid up. Schools will be all over him once their boards clear up after early signing day. 

Just now, Warrior10 said:

Dang, really wanted to wrap this kid up. Schools will be all over him once their boards clear up after early signing day. 

My guess is that's exactly why he's doing it.

Confirmed won't sign till Feb.

Planning to OV Iowa, NCST, WVU, AppSt.

Hearing from SouthCar and Tenn but no offers. 

Local crime rate is something he is factoring into decision. 

Doesn't care much for recruiting hoopla.

I still really want him. 

• Plus1 2