DB Jamel Starks [Louisville - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Starks commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2019 at 04:00 AM

Player: Jamel Starks

Hometown: Decatur, Georgia

School: Southwest Dekalb

Position: Athlete, Cornerback, Safety

Height: 5/11

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Ball State, Buffalo, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Tulane, UCF, Western Kentucky

Visits: 9/8/18 vs. Colorado

Twitter

247 Composite: #998 Overall; #91 ATH; .8516; :star :star :star 

Rivals: :star :star :star  
247: #63 ATH; :star :star :star 
ESPN

Hudl

• 1 month later...

17 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

He has added an NC offer,  WV offer, Rutgers offer and a few other P5 schools since we have offered.  Clemson, Auburn and Michigan St. have stopped by to talk to him also. 

They're no Alabama. We're supposed to only offer kids Alabama has offered. Recruits like it when schools take a long time to notice them.

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They're no Alabama. We're supposed to only offer kids Alabama has offered. Recruits like it when schools take a long time to notice them.

Give me that over Ball State or ECU. There needs to be a happy medium. We have no depth and should be using that to our advantage when recruiting DBs. These coaches have proven themselves though, so time will tell. 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Give me that over Ball State or ECU. There needs to be a happy medium. We have no depth and should be using that to our advantage when recruiting DBs. These coaches have proven themselves though, so time will tell. 

I trust these coaches to evaluate and find players before the top schools sometimes, and we've seen that happen with a few players now, where they had s#!t offers and we found them and then they got good offers. In the post I'm quoting it says he's had better offers now and a visit from the national champion 2 years ago, among others.

Whereas with the last coach I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out they just evaluated players by looking at who offered them, end of story.

3 hours ago, Ziebol said:

That's a pretty ugly offer list. Color me super unimpressed by how are DB recruiting has been this cycle. 

I think 247 has an article about what Fisher values in recruits.   Can't read it bc I am not a member but I am guessing he is looking for specific guys who are competitive, physical,   and got a little dog in them.  Guessing he would take dennard and Prince type guys over Lamar Jackson types.   

Way too early to judge but your concern is legit.  I am very excited to see cam Taylor, cam homes, and Braxton Clark develop.  I am sure his group he brings in this year will be cut from a similar mold.

Ugh.

Why can’t we let them recruit, get guys on campus, show what they can do on and off the field and then judge? Let’s can Fischer already. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, am I doing this right?

Seriously, yes we want highly ranked guys, but there are plenty of great college football players who were overlooked coming out of HS. Can we please just hold off on overly critical comments about recruits we have no clue about?

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to DB Jamel Starks [Louisville - Signed LOI]