OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

96 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I always wondered when or if a player would get too cute with their commitment announcements and tell a coach that they will find out when everyone else does. Seems like it would be a jerk move to a coach trying to make sure they can manage their spots left and know what to tell other recruits (if there is room for them or not). 

I am not at all saying that is what happened here, I have less than zero inside knowledge, but these last minute shenanigans always make me wonder what’s up. 

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I have watched exactly zero of this kid's film but even in their celebration, some Wisconsin board people are questioning his rating. Is there something I'm missing? They seem more happy to pull a second one like Reed from us than they are of the player himself.

I guess I'll be that guy, but I never saw anything anything great about him. He just looked like he was bigger than the kids he played against.  Not saying he's a bad talent, but I liked some of the other OLBs we were in on more, and if he were in Florida he would be middle of the road. Honestly, thought Aho was a better get, and if Aho has a work ethic like Ozigbo he'll be a stud.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Yikes...I know things like this get emotional but drama like this happens. It must have been really bad because you don’t wanna miss a player like this and play against him for 3-4 years. 

That's true.  But along the same lines I think what Frost is building is going to surpass Wisconsin very soon.

And I know KJ is OLB, but I couldn't be more excited about our ILBs now.

• Haha 2
Just now, spurs1990 said:

Like you said a few posts up. Hurts, but this crew is full of talent and tomorrow could be an awesome day still. 

This staff seems to have a knack to turn up all options. Somehow or another I’m sure his spot will get filled with another OLB. Wonder if they try and go after another LB post this signing day who hasn’t committed and end up changing Greene to OLB? Or heck maybe they just move him to OLB and fill his spot with another high quality guy in another position. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

When was the last time our coaches "cooled" on a 4*.   Didnt know we were Alabama now.  If they think their coaches cooled then they are out of their minds.  

Still watching this thread? Lol. May very well be legitimate, but there's the same "we dropped him" and a few "he doesn't look that great anyway" comments already. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Still watching this thread? Lol. May very well be legitimate, but there's the same "we dropped him" and a few "he doesn't look that great anyway" comments already. 

For the record I posted something similar to the later but it was more of a question about why Wiscy fans were saying he doesn't look that great anyway after the CB's came rolling in for them

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Haha. I would love the kid in the class. Being a .93 he gotta be good. But I commented days ago when we thought we were getting Kaden that I would take Greene if had to choose. Easy decision in my mind- Greene is elite talent 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

For the record I posted something similar to the later but it was more of a question about why Wiscy fans were saying he doesn't look that great anyway after the CB's came rolling in for them

Right and maybe he's not, I'm not a good talent evaluator. It's just funny how standard the responses in these situation are - and sometimes I'm sure they are accurate. I just don't know, so it all seems like bitter rationalization to me. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Right and maybe he's not, I'm not a good talent evaluator. It's just funny how standard the responses in these situation are - and sometimes I'm sure they are accurate. I just don't know, so it all seems like bitter rationalization to me. 

Well that's exactly what it is. Then we get a commit and life goes on

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]