OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

96 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

Something’s off about this kids recruitment to me too. Where are all his big offers. LSU. Just in relation to his ranking, id expect a ton of big offers. What didn’t Oregon and Penn St like about him that they didn’t offer? As I believe he visited both.

I'm not down playing him in particular but my rule is always Offers > Ranking. They usually go hand in hand but the 3* with great offers usually pans out better than 4* with less elite teams after them 

Let's just break it down:

Frost visits Kaden over the weekend and gets his commitment (this one has a lot of smoke).

This morning, Minnesota writers hinted at Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Minnesota possibly passing on him because they were full, thus leaving OSU in the fold.

Nebraska's 247 staff essentially downplayed Nebraska passing on a 4 star talent and that they heard otherwise.

Wiltfong says he's not as confident in Nebraska getting him.

Evan Flood comes on and says he hears that Wisconsin is definitely in it and that Kaden hasn't decided either way.

Schaefer says that he has heard everything is still trending Nebraska then...

Evan Flood drops a nugget and says that he received more intel and then immediately changes his crystal ball to Wisconsin and then in comes the flurry of crystal balls.

Schaefer then comes back and gives a vague explanation that eventually gets cleared up and it's that something happened between Nebraska and Johnson that ultimately led to Johnson on the outside looking in which was explained by @Ziebol

The only thing that I can think of is that Kaden told Scott he was in, promised him, and then told another staff and writer that he wasn't committed. Then it came back to Scott through a different channel. Scott called, Kaden had a different tone from the visit, and Scott lost trust with him, and said lets take Jimari Butler and Niko Cooper who want to be here and that they actually like. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Let's just break it down:

Frost visits Kaden over the weekend and gets his commitment (this one has a lot of smoke).

This morning, Minnesota writers hinted at Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Minnesota possibly passing on him because they were full, thus leaving OSU in the fold.

Nebraska's 247 staff essentially downplayed Nebraska passing on a 4 star talent and that they heard otherwise.

Wiltfong says he's not as confident in Nebraska getting him.

Evan Flood comes on and says he hears that Wisconsin is definitely in it and that Kaden hasn't decided either way.

Schaefer says that he has heard everything is still trending Nebraska then...

Evan Flood drops a nugget and says that he received more intel and then immediately changes his crystal ball to Wisconsin and then in comes the flurry of crystal balls.

Schaefer then comes back and gives a vague explanation that eventually gets cleared up and it's that something happened between Nebraska and Johnson that ultimately led to Johnson on the outside looking in which was explained by @Ziebol

The only thing that I can think of is that Kaden told Scott he was in, promised him, and then told another staff and writer that he wasn't committed. Then it came back to Scott through a different channel. Scott called, Kaden had a different tone from the visit, and Scott lost trust with him, and said lets take Jimari Butler and Niko Cooper who want to be here and that they actually like. 

He strung us along as lost his spot. We took another 4 star instead at another spot. :-) 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]