OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

96 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I never got a good vibe from this dude and I’m not trying to be one of those upset fans. It’s the same feeling I get from Slusher. It’s not necessarily the athletes fault for all the publicity and notoriety their recruitment receives, but if you truly don’t have your mind made up 24 hours before you sign, it’s probably best for both parties to look elsewhere. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
Just now, Waldo said:

I never got a good vibe from this dude and I’m not trying to be one of those upsets fans. It’s the same feeling I get from Slusher. It’s not necessarily the athletes fault for all the publicity and notoriety their recruitment receives, but if you truly don’t have your mind made up 24 hours before you sign, it’s probably best for both parties to look elsewhere. 

There is actually a lot of truth to this. Most kids know where they want to go after a few phone calls, and school visits. Slusher might just be appeasing his family by picking the better of two close schools. On the other hand, he may end up loving it.

So is there perhaps a chance we save one spot and try to get a late signing 4* OLB like Caleb Tannor last year? If we get Slusher, Brown, Fleming, and Francois I think we still have one more spot left. Either that or we could hit the graduate transfer portal hard for an OLB similar to what we did with Darrion Daniels. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Gotta know what happened in the hour time frame all of his crystal balls flipped. What could Wisconsin possibly tell him in the very literal final hour that he didn't already know? 

Supposedly the staff told him on their visit that with limited space we couldn't wait any longer on him. So rather than being strung out and missing like Riley and Pelini would let happen, they're telling him they want him but he has to commit now if he wants Nebraska too. 

11 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Supposedly the staff told him on their visit that with limited space we couldn't wait any longer on him. So rather than being strung out and missing like Riley and Pelini would let happen, they're telling him they want him but he has to commit now if he wants Nebraska too. 

He told the staff he was N, was part of the commit chat group. Then went radio silent and called Frost. We now "dont have room" and snagged best available in Alante Brown is my understanding 

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Wasn’t he offered an academic scholarship at Yale? If he is a good enough student to go to Yale, why couldn’t N offer him an academic scholarship as a backup plan? Perhaps it’s not that simple?

I think the “we don’t have room” was a save face excuse perhaps by the staff. We had room and he was N but changed his mind. That’s how I read it.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]