OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

96 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Only OV this summer was to Wisconsin - was busy with basketball.  Listed Oregon State and Nebraska as places he's trying to visit this fall.

No timeline for a decision.  Says he's focused on "a couple of schools" but didn't say which ones.  Says he talks to Frost often.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Only OV this summer was to Wisconsin - was busy with basketball.  Listed Oregon State and Nebraska as places he's trying to visit this fall.

No timeline for a decision.  Says he's focused on "a couple of schools" but didn't say which ones.  Says he talks to Frost often.

This is a positive update.

1. Wisconsin is threatening to fill up and he's dragging it out. Tells me he's not enamored with them enough to give in. Also he already used him OV to them, so he can't get a red carpet gameday treatment. 

2. Oregon State does not scare me.

3. Frost is involved, that means we are serious. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Has to be the top guy on the board if Frost is talking to him often. 

• 2 weeks later...

Minnesota just recently accepted an offer from a DE that puts them at 24 commits for the class. This leads me to think they are out of the Johnson race.

Wisconsin is more interesting but they still have a lot of positions to fill and already have 4 linebacker commits. They also may be spending one or two scholarships on special teams this class which limits some of their other numbers.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Minnesota just recently accepted an offer from a DE that puts them at 24 commits for the class. This leads me to think they are out of the Johnson race.

Wisconsin is more interesting but they still have a lot of positions to fill and already have 4 linebacker commits. They also may be spending one or two scholarships on special teams this class which limits some of their other numbers.

As Decked said, they'd make room for him but I don't think he'll end up there one way or another.

Think Wisconsin has about 5, maybe 6, more spots left somewhere I read, and half of the class is OL and LB.

Just now, Treand3 said:

As Decked said, they'd make room for him but I don't think he'll end up there one way or another.

Think Wisconsin has about 5, maybe 6, more spots left somewhere I read, and half of the class is OL and LB.

To be fair, ~40% of the starters (9 out of 22) are OL or LB if you run a 3-4 defense. But yeah, looks like 9 of their 12 commits are in that category, that's crazy. They'd make room for Johnson as well though, he's a stud.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, Husker in WI said:

To be fair, ~40% of the starters (9 out of 22) are OL or LB if you run a 3-4 defense. But yeah, looks like 9 of their 12 commits are in that category, that's crazy. They'd make room for Johnson as well though, he's a stud.

No doubt they'd clear room for him. I am just surprised at the lack of variety in a small class. Taking him would take away from places they need to get better at to compete on a true national stage.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's our #1 OLB target and he doesn't even mention us?

I depends on how the question was asked. He hasn’t taken an official visit to Lincoln yet. Did I read somewhere that he visited Nebraska for only two hours on an unofficial? If we are behind, the official could change all that if he is wowed by the Huskers. While we did lose one big prospect to Wisconsin this year, Frost track record against the Badgers in recruiting has been good. But the way he was talking, we may eventually have more competition before it’s all said and done. So if an Alabama, a Clemson and an Ohio State come calling, it will become more difficult to get him.  

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Kaden Johnson [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]