World Cup

good luck with italy though, they usually have good teams don't they?

Yeah, but they're under scandal...it completely showed vs. their 2-0 thrashing of Ghana. <_< US will be good to score a goal during this World Cup. They are playing vs. the 3 best defensive teams on the planet. And they can't score in friendlies leading up to the cup. Bad sign. These guys aren't very good, have completely outlived their primes, and were only chosen because they pulled off miracles 4 years ago. Their best players have no experience playing with each other...man, there are so many warning signs about this Cup. Arena must've decided not to pay attention. :bang

It was pretty much over for the US before the Cup began, IMO. We got a horrible draw. I'm not sure if we'll score against Ghana when we play 'em.

It WAS a bad draw, I agree with you. But Arena was relying on guys that had no business being there. This isn't the MLS. Now all the players are bitching, and we look worse than Togo politically. We had younger guys that had a much better attitude and alot more creativity, plus much more time playing with each other...it just would've made more sense. I wasn't scared of the draw...I was really scared seeing the US's performance leading up to the Cup.

Where and for who do these younger guys play

for? I see what you are saying though.

Twellman was amazing...there is no way he should've been left off...KC, to me, it doesn't even have to do with talent, it has to do with chemistry. Having a group of guys that are 'great' and playing together isn't much of an advantage. Ask the New York Rangers pre-2005 and Yankees 2004-05 if I'm right on this. You need the chemistry, guys who play with each other day in and day out. Soccer is important this way. Great soccer players can't do anything without support from their teammates. Ask Henry and Zidane from France. Their teammates relied on them for everything. They couldn't score.

Experience is nice, but it sure isn't everything. :bang

Anyone watch the game on Saturday. Were the refs just incompetent, biased or what? Two ridiculous red cards for ordinary fouls (one wasn't even a foul IMO). I heard on ESPN that the ref that gave out the two red cards was suspended from the 2002 for corruption in officiating soccer games. How can FIFA allow a ref, who was determined to have been currupt, to officiate another game?

Despite being a man down, the USA had a good game. But, they can't seem to take advantage of opportunities. They were on the offensive for most of the game....which was good to see. Can't wait to see us play Ghana. Should be a good game. We need the 'W'!!

Anyone watch the game on Saturday. Were the refs just incompetent, biased or what? Two ridiculous red cards for ordinary fouls (one wasn't even a foul IMO). I heard on ESPN that the ref that gave out the two red cards was suspended from the 2002 for corruption in officiating soccer games. How can FIFA allow a ref, who was determined to have been currupt, to officiate another game?

Despite being a man down, the USA had a good game. But, they can't seem to take advantage of opportunities. They were on the offensive for most of the game....which was good to see. Can't wait to see us play Ghana. Should be a good game. We need the 'W'!!

That ref should be committed to a Siberian Work Camp. You're right, he had absolutely NO IDEA what the hell he was doing. I'm sure the Italians would agree. He didn't let either side develop any flow (which probably was more advantageous for the US) but just made the game a real crapfest to watch.

That said, the U.S. really put their stuff together, and Keller was amazing. I didn't think they'd do that. Now they'll really have to put the pedal down vs. Ghana. I thought Ghana looked better than the Czechs (and beat them as well) so this could be a huge challenge.

I'll be locked on tomorrow morning. GO USA!!! :clap