Trumping up a war?

It's sad that we have to look toward Iran for responsible leadership in a time of crisis. Had they inflicted casualties with their response, we would likely have had no choice but to escalate. They chose their targets very carefully, gave trump a way out, and (thankfully!) he took it.

If this becomes all out war, I hope the best for our soldiers and I hope for a quick end with a US victory.  I would rather we not even have to be there, ever, but that seems to just be a dream.  It still amazes me that we can't at the very least just leave each other alone, worry about your own country and realize that trading with other countries is usually a really good thing.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If this becomes all out war, I hope the best for our soldiers and I hope for a quick end with a US victory.  I would rather we not even have to be there, ever, but that seems to just be a dream.  It still amazes me that we can't at the very least just leave each other alone, worry about your own country and realize that trading with other countries is usually a really good thing.

Yeah, if it becomes an all-out war...I worry it will become long and protracted since Russia and China are supporters of Iran, and one side of this conflict will be a war via proxy. 

And if we don't have a war with Iran, Russia and China still stand to gain influence in Iraq and Iran--that allows these countries to sell them weapons, buy cheap oil, and for China to sell them our technology that we can't manufacture ourselves. 

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah, if it becomes an all-out war...I worry it will become long and protracted since Russia and China are supporters of Iran, and one side of this conflict will be a war via proxy. 

And if we don't have a war with Iran, Russia and China still stand to gain influence in Iraq and Iran--that allows these countries to sell them weapons, buy cheap oil, and for China to sell them our technology that we can't manufacture ourselves. 

Now some people are saying that it is "over", which I find interesting.  Who knows!

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Now some people are saying that it is "over", which I find interesting.  Who knows!

Even if it is "over", the damage has been done--there's no way Iraq will allow the United States to have any influence over it going forward, which leaves China and Russia. 

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's sad that we have to look toward Iran for responsible leadership in a time of crisis. Had they inflicted casualties with their response, we would likely have had no choice but to escalate. They chose their targets very carefully, gave trump a way out, and (thankfully!) he took it.

Maggie, There are no answers to questions when the questions revolve around trump's childish knee jerk reactions.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1