OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Anderson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisiana Tech
    • Western Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to OT Matthew Anderson
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

Is he athletic enough to play TE or DE if he doesn't put on the weight?  Maybe he's one of those kids that the coaches can tell he isn't done developing.

I probably would rather start with someone like this than someone who is a big tub of goo and then try to get them in shape....as long as he can put on the muscle.

20 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

According to LSU people,  the state is expected to have an exceptional year for talent in 2019 and this kid is one that is being forgotten.   Sounds like he is very raw but has the tools to be a good one, very athletic.   If he has a great Sr. year,  some of the other big boys will start sniffing around. 

Thanks for the info.  I'm glad the staff is able to pick up the guys they target but I do like to see a little bit more activity from other P-5 schools.  It's good to hear he may be just getting lost in the shuffle in Louisiana and I figure he may not be doing much self promoting and hitting the camp circuit to get attention from the ranking services.  

SF saw first hand how TO took undersized guys and turned them into NC lineman.  Assuming the new NU will be more fast paced - i'm guessing we will see several offers over the next 2/3 years to guys that look like TE's and may even be bigger TE's that don't catch well.  Most of those guys will come across as low to mid 3*, however by Junior season will pan out more times than not in this offense.  SF knows what he wants and it wont always include *'s and multiple offers.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, no commitment but everything but a commitment.  

Really sounds like this is going to be one of those "just wanted to go home and talk it over with my parents to be sure" things and we'll get a commitment in a couple days.

Are we sure he has a commitable offer? 

3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

SF saw first hand how TO took undersized guys and turned them into NC lineman.  Assuming the new NU will be more fast paced - i'm guessing we will see several offers over the next 2/3 years to guys that look like TE's and may even be bigger TE's that don't catch well.  Most of those guys will come across as low to mid 3*, however by Junior season will pan out more times than not in this offense.  SF knows what he wants and it wont always include *'s and multiple offers.

He reminds me of Kolton Miller, who went 1st round to the Raiders this year. A real athlete at Tackle. Nebraska has a really good one at that spot now, so this kid will have time to develop and get bigger. 

8 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Wisconisin follows the old-school Nebraska formula for recruiting and developing O-line, the approach still works.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic