OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Anderson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisiana Tech
    • Western Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

Was actually committed a while ago when he visited. Committed on that Tuesday morning and announced today on his birthday in celebration of his deceased mother. Doesn’t strike me as a kid who will decommit. Reminds me of jaimes. Think he will get some better offers later but stay N. 

• Plus1 2

Nebraska

Mavric,The Murphinator,HS_Coach_C,Treand3,seaofred92,yort2000Husker from Kansas,,obert1,HuskermanMike,sho,Young Grand Island Husker,Chadhusker,Minnesota_husker,SouthLincoln Husker,LumberJackSker,Dilly Dilly,ADS,Husker_luver,Throw Dem Bones,swmohusker,Wunderkind,Vince R.,Touchdown Tommie,broganreynik,Decked

• Plus1 1

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

No star ratings from any service.  But if you look at his video, he's very quick for a lineman with good feet.  I think Frost and Co. can make him into a good linemen after a couple of years in the pipeline.

He was rated as a 3 Star with .86 by 247 yesterday.

• Plus1 1

Welcome, N!

The frame of this kid is exactly what Frost and Co want. They would prefer to put weight on a kid rather than take weight off. Not for every OL but it appears they like the tall leaner OT that they can build and put weight on in a couple years. Kid wants to be here and now he will need to put on some pounds and be developed to be a solid OT at this level. Something I have complete faith this staff can do.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

When I go to his 247 link on Huskermax, I get no star rating :/  I trust you guys are correct though.

image.png.aceb75655e8d367649ea283550846897.png 

Maybe you are looking at his consensus. Since he is still a relative unknown those will update accordingly throughout the year. For him to jump to a .86 is pretty solid though as St.Paul and myself noted.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, melscott62 said:

I've seen iowa take a kid like this and turn them into a nfl lineman

Yes, I should have mentioned Iowa as well, way out-perform their recruiting rankings when it comes to O-line. That these guys make it to the NFL says something. They obviously do a quality job of developing guys but if you are regularly putting them in the show it means you are also finding guys with real potential that other programs miss.