OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Anderson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisiana Tech
    • Western Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

Sounds like a commit is very soon, wants to talk to family and coaches first. Seems smitten by us. I still don’t know how to feel about him being a top OT priority but this staff has my full buy in so I trust them.

• Plus1 3

According to LSU people,  the state is expected to have an exceptional year for talent in 2019 and this kid is one that is being forgotten.   Sounds like he is very raw but has the tools to be a good one, very athletic.   If he has a great Sr. year,  some of the other big boys will start sniffing around. 

• Plus1 1

Actually surprised to hear some of these things from the coaches.  For me, it's a bit (actually a lot) of oversell for me.  In my mind, I just can not imagine, even under Frost, that in 4-5 years he actually restores the order and we win a National Championship.  I literally can not imagine that.  I'm glad they believe that.  I think have more rebuilding to do and it's more realistic to get in the hunt in the next 5 years and hope for one in Frost's term.  

Back to Mr. Anderson ... I was disappointed he didn't commit.  After the next few days I think he naturally cools and other options will present itself and it gets more difficult.  We shall see.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Actually surprised to hear some of these things from the coaches.  For me, it's a bit (actually a lot) of oversell for me.  In my mind, I just can not imagine, even under Frost, that in 4-5 years he actually restores the order and we win a National Championship.  I literally can not imagine that.  I'm glad they believe that.  I think have more rebuilding to do and it's more realistic to get in the hunt in the next 5 years and hope for one in Frost's term.  

Back to Mr. Anderson ... I was disappointed he didn't commit.  After the next few days I think he naturally cools and other options will present itself and it gets more difficult.  We shall see.

I have zero problem with what he said he was told. We have to bring back a confidence and attitude that we WILL win and not MAYBE win. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Why is it so hard to think a natty is possible in 5 years time? Lots great coaches have won in the first 5

• Plus1 6

^^^ to the last two posts.  Well, didn't say I had a problem with it either ... just think it's an oversell.  "Why is it so hard to think?"  It's the last 20 years.

FYI, again, I wanted Frosty back when no one wanted Frosty.  Before the last coach we got.  I believe in Frost.  I just want to be more than realistic.  Tom Osborne was a great coach.  It took him more than 5 years.  It was a different time back then but even more today ... in Frost I trust ... but FRANKLY, I trust in Scott a hell of a lot more than this fan base.  Folks are already expecting him to go undefeated next year.  We have a good coach.  I'll give him time to restore the order.  The results will follow ... no demands need to be met.  Frost is our guy.

26 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

^^^ to the last two posts.  Well, didn't say I had a problem with it either ... just think it's an oversell.  "Why is it so hard to think?"  It's the last 20 years.

FYI, again, I wanted Frosty back when no one wanted Frosty.  Before the last coach we got.  I believe in Frost.  I just want to be more than realistic.  Tom Osborne was a great coach.  It took him more than 5 years.  It was a different time back then but even more today ... in Frost I trust ... but FRANKLY, I trust in Scott a hell of a lot more than this fan base.  Folks are already expecting him to go undefeated next year.  We have a good coach.  I'll give him time to restore the order.  The results will follow ... no demands need to be met.  Frost is our guy.

I certainly don’t see us going undefeated, but I have decent expectations. With coaching changes, the good ones, turn around a program quickly. It’s noticeable from the jump. Nebraska has the kind of roster where that shows. I see a team like Purdue. An attitude change alone made them tough to play. Look at Iowa state. Bo turned Nebraska around in one year, then took the next step in year two. Even Riley he a decent team in year two. If frost is worth everything we believe he is, I won’t be surprised to see Nebraska looking really good towards the end of this year when guys are really comfortable. 

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

To your first point...while you are correct to an extent, rebuilding can be done in 3 years... I fully expect us to be in the HUNT in the big ten by then. If not at least competing and maybe falling a game short of representing the B1G West, then yes, something has gone wrong. Championships...maybe in 5 years?

• Mavric changed the title to OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic