OT Matthew Anderson [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Anderson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisiana Tech
    • Western Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

So, the kid comes saying we are gonna win a natty in two years.  Instead, he enters the transfer portal.  That says a lot .... just don't know what it is.  Does it not "feel like a brotherhood" now?

What pill did or didn't he swallow?

You've never had a different perspective about something two years down the road?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

You've never had a different perspective about something two years down the road?

Most certainly.  To that extreme ... it seems odd to me.  Thus, the post.  Again, you go from, "We are gonna win a natty in two years" and "this is my brotherhood" to the portal.  

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

Most certainly.  To that extreme ... it seems odd to me.  Thus, the post.  Again, you go from, "We are gonna win a natty in two years" and "this is my brotherhood" to the portal.  

3-5 win seasons and being passed by "younger brothers" on the depth chat will do that to a guy. I really have no idea if there's more to it for him, but everyone goes into college thinking they're going to take over the world - not just athletes. No idea if that was the case here, but things clearly haven't been trending that way fast enough, for him or the program as a whole. Unfortunate but not that surprising, and again for all I know he needs to be closer to family and that's all. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

3-5 win seasons and being passed by "younger brothers" on the depth chat will do that to a guy. I really have no idea if there's more to it for him, but everyone goes into college thinking they're going to take over the world - not just athletes. No idea if that was the case here, but things clearly haven't been trending that way fast enough, for him or the program as a whole. Unfortunate but not that surprising, and again for all I know he needs to be closer to family and that's all. 

Ya, this is more what I'm thinking.  I'll call it "system fatigue".  One side of his brain was selling himself BS and the truthful side is now realizing that it isn't gonna happen.  In this "system fatigue", I'm believing that he sees that he can't be developed as promised and he doesn't see it happening here [the natty] and he also doesn't see himself being developed here to the level he expected or hoped.  So, as others have said, "this is a good thing".  I hope so.  The part I still don't get is that even a good OL prospect has a RS season and then usually two years of building to then probably start for 1-2 years.  I wonder what the guys real expectations were ... was he expecting to win the natty this year and he was the starter?

I'll hope that this is a "sign" that we are just getting so good in the OL that you really have to step it up.  I don't believe that at all. 

All the best to Mr. Anderson.  And thanks to those who have chimed in to share their thoughts and views.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, this is more what I'm thinking.  I'll call it "system fatigue".  One side of his brain was selling himself BS and the truthful side is now realizing that it isn't gonna happen.  In this "system fatigue", I'm believing that he sees that he can't be developed as promised and he doesn't see it happening here [the natty] and he also doesn't see himself being developed here to the level he expected or hoped.  So, as others have said, "this is a good thing".  I hope so.  The part I still don't get is that even a good OL prospect has a RS season and then usually two years of building to then probably start for 1-2 years.  I wonder what the guys real expectations were ... was he expecting to win the natty this year and he was the starter?

I'll hope that this is a "sign" that we are just getting so good in the OL that you really have to step it up.  I don't believe that at all. 

All the best to Mr. Anderson.  And thanks to those who have chimed in to share their thoughts and views.

I doubt that he expected to start this year but it has probably set in that he won't start at any point in the next 4 years with the players that are in front of him.  You're putting too much thought into this, seriously.

• Plus1 1