***Official Mariners Misery Thread***

On 6/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, Mavric said:

We can change the thread to a different "M" team if things have improved for you....

Well....if things continue like this, I may need to switch the thread name to Mariners Magic.  That's still a couple months out though.

Definitely could use a Mets Misery thread.  They are playing pretty putrid right now.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

It didn't show the bat flip:(

This is a big reason why I don't like MLB. They suck all the fun out of it by getting pissy over stupid s#!t like a bat flip. All the "unwritten rules" stuff is horse apples. It's a sport! Let the guys have fun!

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

1) Another example of why Wins are a terrible stat upon which to judge pitchers

2) Dang, we're taking sucking to a whole new level

This reminds me of when Felix finally won the Cy Young because he would have great seasons but the Mariners sucked and couldn’t score him any runs. It was the year CC had I think 20+ wins, which is the new 30+ season, and the voters tipped the cap to Felix with his metrics because he got no run support and the team historically sucked.

It’s sad this is the first season since ‘01 where Felix has a legit shot to pitch in the playoffs, but is past his prime. He means so much to Seattle and there isn’t anybody more in sports right now who I hope turns his career back around in time for his moment to shine one last run - if he continues to trend downward.

I am a baseball guy, but I can’t stand rooting for bad baseball or closely following bad teams. I could imagine how hard that is to get through a Mets season right now, sorry Mav

• Plus1 1

I forgot about this thread since we started winning, my apprehension of the shoe dropping won’t go away lol This is a brutal stretch of 13 games against Red Sox for 7, Yankees for 3, and the recent sweep of the Angels is a good start. This will be a great test to see what kind of team they have.

I’m loving this lineup, top to bottom and someone is always coming up with a clutch hit or homerun even. I’m also impressed by Leblanc and Gonzalez, they have stepped up lately. Everyday Eddy is nasty, hopefully Nicasio figures out his problems, Dipoto has been making some good moves and Servais is pulling the right strings.