Mavric

QB Logan Smothers [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

LMFAO at an 11.55 being the fastest Freshman in the country...

Maybe the fastest freshmen girl in the country.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

7/13 passing last week for 81 yards.  But ran 22 times for 128 yards and two TDs

I wonder if frost is going to feature the qb run game more at Nebraska than he did at ucf. Smothers and McCaffrey seem be run first guys.

6 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I wonder if frost is going to feature the qb run game more at Nebraska than he did at ucf. Smothers and McCaffrey seem be run first guys.

I know nothing it’s just my opinion. They went out and got Martinez who is the total package and 4 year starter. I think they took these 2 guys probably because they need some work and a little development so they don’t come in and expect to start Day 1 then leave like gebbia. You gotta have some depth and if they know they need a little time to develop them the expectations are set before they get here. Huge upside if development pans out. 

But if we recruited another .95 Martinez type for the 19 class do you think he would  stick around or transfer? I bet he would transfer after 1-2 years

or its possible they see minor things they can tweak and have some amazing QBs who are pass first 

The old adage is you can't teach speed, or running ability in this case. Let's see if Frost, Verdu & Walters can develop a QB as a passer and defense reader.

10 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Pretty proud of his new offers on Twitter. Be surprised if he sticks, very few kids still want to work that hard anymore 

You would be proud if you got an offer from an SEC team as well.

15 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

You would be proud if you got an offer from an SEC team as well.

I know I would be. Plus the more interest he gets is a good sign we recognized a talent early

12 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Pretty proud of his new offers on Twitter. Be surprised if he sticks, very few kids still want to work that hard anymore 

Really hope this is a troll job lol

He won't bail unless he gets an offer from AU or Bama.  The Gumps already have  a QB committed for 2020 in Carson Beck and are in the running for DJ  Uiagalelei.   Auburn has about 6 guys ahead of Smothers on their board.  

On 9/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, ScottyIce said:

The old adage is you can't teach speed, or running ability in this case. Let's see if Frost, Verdu & Walters can develop a QB as a passer and defense reader.

I get the impression that's the thought process of this staff.  Kind of the way it seems with McCaffrey.  Make sure the qb can run first but is still a serviceable passer who they could mold into a good passer.

13 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I get the impression that's the thought process of this staff.  Kind of the way it seems with McCaffrey.  Make sure the qb can run first but is still a serviceable passer who they could mold into a good passer.

Unless they can get a guy like martinez who is plug and play.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Unless they can get a guy like martinez who is plug and play.

Right.  Ultimately make sure the player's an athlete first and if he already has the skill set, even better.

35 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Right.  Ultimately make sure the player's an athlete first and if he already has the skill set, even better.

I think they go after another plug and play guy for 2021. 

Chance he's in town this weekend, depends on weather. Radio this morning mentioned decent snow Missouri-Bama so I doubt he makes it. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

I think they go after another plug and play guy for 2021. 

Correct and his name is Jake Garcia a 4 star out of CA

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Because he committed to Nebraska. 

or because he hasn't done the main offseason circuit  of camps where 247 and Rivals can reassess him. 

4 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Are we worried here?

Considering his dad was tweeting at Wandale when he made his commitment and also before he made it, id say probably not. 

7 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Are we worried here?

Yeah, always get a little worried when I see his profile pop up on the front page.... You'd think after watching Martinez he'd be hard pressed to find a better fit. The early theme, and I think it's one that will hold true going forward, is that Frost and Co. are going to make you a superstar at the QB position.