2018 World Cup

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested all the games will be televised either on FS1 or Fox. They won the rights to the world cup this year.

Outside of the USA choking and not making it here are some other countries that did not make the field. 

Italy-wow

Netherlands- rich history of great soccer

Chile- Copa America champs

Cameroon- Only reason I know this country was due to soccer

Ivory Coast-solid team usually 

• Plus1 1

World Cup Referee Caught Accepting $600 From An Undercover Journalist

Footage from a documentary on corruption in African soccer, shared exclusively with the BBC, shows World Cup assistant referee Adel Range Marwa accepting a $600 gift from an undercover journalist posing as a Ghanaian soccer official. Marwa, the only referee from Kenya set to participate in the World Cup, has resigned his position.

Now that the US is not in it I will probably cheer for Iceland.

Fun fact, the US Military protects Iceland because the country is so small it can't have a military big enough to defend itself. Therefore if Iceland wins it all the US should get some credit too because we protect them from harm. :)

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Now that the US is not in it I will probably cheer for Iceland.

Fun fact, the US Military protects Iceland because the country is so small it can't have a military big enough to defend itself. Therefore if Iceland wins it all the US should get some credit too because we protect them from harm. :)

Your fun fact made Iceland's story even more amazing! Between the entire country having only around 300k people, to their manager also being a dentist, to this being their first-ever World Cup appearance, to having to play Argentina in their opening match, it just gets keeps better and better! 

• Plus1 1

On 6/16/2018 at 7:47 AM, Cdog923 said:

Argentina vs. Iceland coming up. Messi is my favorite player to watch, but Iceland is very, very fun to watch. 

Too bad Messi played so poorly.  Iceland was much better defensively than I expected and did a good job of shutting down Argentina.