JUCO DT Tony Fair [UAB Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Huskinator said:

In an almost comical turn of events....

He’s retweeted 2 posts from Oregon state. If he ends up there.... I have no words. 

Two OSU fan pages at that trying to solicit an offer. I wonder if he had any other real D1 offers(I do see his reported offers)? There has to be something missing here and it's strange he never visited campus. 

54 minutes ago, theknife said:

Two OSU fan pages at that trying to solicit an offer. I wonder if he had any other real D1 offers(I do see his reported offers)? There has to be something missing here and it's strange he never visited campus. 

There just has to be something going on.  He has plenty of time to land another big offer, let’s see if and where he lands. 

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Seems weird...worst case is you have a huge dude that can play some NT in certain situations.  Oh well, I am sure the staff has a plan.

No worse case is that the staff saves a spot for him when they are pretty sure that there are grade issues - then down the road those issues are confirmed and we have a hole that could have been plugged.

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Getting Daniels helps this season but we'll still need help in '20. So either we don't feel good about Fair qualifying or we're just not as high on him and figure we're better-off rolling the dice on getting NT help next go-round.

Frost has 6 on the roster that are waiting their turn.  They are doing it the old way, recruiting athletes & building. 

I'm probably just a "FAIR-weather fan" ... but I hope we come back to him ... that he has no place to go and we "stumble back" to him and he takes us back.  He wants to be a Husker.  I like his drive.

I don't know squat about what the staff see or are looking for ... I just know what I've read, watched and seen Fair live up to his end of the agreement (of what I've read).

I still want him, even if they find another guy better than him.  Go figure.  :-)

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

Getting Daniels helps this season but we'll still need help in '20. So either we don't feel good about Fair qualifying or we're just not as high on him and figure we're better-off rolling the dice on getting NT help next go-round.

Damion Daniels was only a rFR this year and I liked what I saw. Kid will be a force in 2020. He's 340 lbs atm and him and Vaha would be the only true NT we have on the roster. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Damion Daniels was only a rFR this year and I liked what I saw. Kid will be a force in 2020. He's 340 lbs atm and him and Vaha would be the only true NT we have on the roster. 

Carlos Davis got time at NT and is listed at the same size as Vaha. Not sure why Vaha would be considered to provide better depth at NT at the moment, given he provided zero this past season.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Carlos Davis got time at NT and is listed at the same size as Vaha. Not sure why Vaha would be considered to provide better depth at NT at the moment, given he provided zero this past season.

He was talking about the 2020 season, Carlos will be a Sr next year. Never said Vaha was good either, just stating what the depth would be at that time--- and that's even if he stays. 

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO DT Tony Fair [UAB Commit]