JUCO DT Tony Fair [UAB Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Too many unknowns to really judge the character of anyone involved in this.  Like assuming he has good work ethic bc he took 23 hours.  Maybe he took 23 hours bc he wasn't getting it done early in the process.  Frost being a cutthroat doesn't fit with him honoring a RB who has torn his 2nd acl in as many seasons (both knees).  Supporting Washington, watts, and canty until the last minute last year before camp.  

I will need more info to make a call on how the coaches handled it, but Tony seems to have handled it with class and best of luck to the young man.

I didn't say Coach Frost was cut throat, Saban surely is. You are correct in that there isn't a lot of definitive info provided to make any sort of judgement. It was a philosophical musing. 

I want to be clear that I don't have an experts accumen on recruiting. My takes are more of the longtime fan on the outside looking in variety. 

• Fire 1

Best of luck too Fair.  Seems like a good kid with desire and work ethic.  Something you can't teach......If we pulled his schollie for a "better get", I'll call BS.  We need to honor our commitments.  BUT, there are 3 sides to every story.  Yours, mine and the truth.  If NU doesn't comment, all we have is speculation.  I'm hoping that there is a lot more to the story.  BUT, this is the reality of many "big time" programs.  Over sign, over promise and under deliver etc.... 

35 minutes ago, lo country said:

Best of luck too Fair.  Seems like a good kid with desire and work ethic.  Something you can't teach......If we pulled his schollie for a "better get", I'll call BS.  We need to honor our commitments.  BUT, there are 3 sides to every story.  Yours, mine and the truth.  If NU doesn't comment, all we have is speculation.  I'm hoping that there is a lot more to the story.  BUT, this is the reality of many "big time" programs.  Over sign, over promise and under deliver etc.... 

NU can’t comment.... 

before you start accusing anything, let it play out.  Let’s see exactly what happens here.  I am sure there is more to the story.... it doesn’t fit frosts mold thus far

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

In an almost comical turn of events....

He’s retweeted 2 posts from Oregon state. If he ends up there.... I have no words. 

If he ends up there, I will be very happy for him. 

Kid worked hard, paid his dues at JUCO (assuming), and he deserves a shot to show he can compete at a high level, Nebraska, Oregon St, or otherwise. 

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

NU can’t comment.... 

before you start accusing anything, let it play out.  Let’s see exactly what happens here.  I am sure there is more to the story.... it doesn’t fit frosts mold thus far

Not accusingly the staff of anything.  Just saying if it’s a case of “we found somebody better” that’s wrong.  That’s why I said 3 sides to every story.  To date, Frost has done nothing sketchy in how he’s handled the program.  

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO DT Tony Fair [UAB Commit]