DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

So he’s 310 now. 

Lifts like a total man child 

What would he play at?

(there’s your Haiku)

but seriously,  what gains could he make besides just “man strength” from 17-22 yrs old that we could expect to see? Lower body fat? Increased speed? Obviously technique/coaching  and playing much much better competition will help. 

Is he a guy we see at like 330 or something? 

Thanks for any insight on how he projects longer term...

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, I am I said:

So he’s 310 now. 

Lifts like a total man child 

What would he play at?

(there’s your Haiku)

but seriously,  what gains could he make besides just “man strength” from 17-22 yrs old that we could expect to see? Lower body fat? Increased speed? Obviously technique/coaching  and playing much much better competition will help. 

Is he a guy we see at like 330 or something? 

Thanks for any insight on how he projects longer term...

I saw him recently, and don’t think he will be as productive at 330. He looks closer to 6’ 3” than 6’ 5”, and is already killing it in the weight room. I think 315 will/should be his peak playing weight. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I saw him recently, and don’t think he will be as productive at 330. He looks closer to 6’ 3” than 6’ 5”, and is already killing it in the weight room. I think 315 will/should be his peak playing weight. 

In the photo he looks about two inches taller than Frost who has always been listed 6-3" and appears consistant with most of the other heights listed for many other players.   I'd say Nash looks 6-5" to me.   I see no real need to put on more than 15 lbs of additional weight - just reduce body fat and convert lean.   He needs to improve his quickness and speed.  Wrestling quickness may have been OK but he does need to be able to run for 10 or 15 yard bursts to be effective on D or O lines.  He needs to stay on his feet and block or avoid blocks and make tackles by getting in the right place at the right time to do so.   

On 5/1/2019 at 1:26 AM, bisonwiches said:

He absolutely would decline it, because he’s not worried about “exposure” or expanding a brand. He’s immensely proud of his son for his many accomplishments(Joe tweets about the things Nash has already accomplished, Lavar on the other hand makes outlandish claims about himself and his kids.... for example saying he could’ve beat MJ one on one, saying Lonzo was the best player on the Lakers roster even after signing Lebron... the point is Lavar was trying to build a brand, Joe is a proud parent and it’s ridiculous to compare the two) and is expressing it in the way he knows how, while also pushing his son through their rivalry. It’s also important to remember anyone can read this message board and it’d be a damn shame to hurt the football coaches recruiting efforts in any way.

Article on them both in the Athletic 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher