DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

I get they like fishing/hunting...but don't you think, given the choice, that they would rather be doing it with their friends, not some HS kid and his family.  

You know what I mean.

Considering the high percentage of recruits that visit lincoln or sign with the huskers referring to the atmosphere being so family like - i think you have missed the boat on this one.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Considering the high percentage of recruits that visit lincoln or sign with the huskers referring to the atmosphere being so family like - i think you have missed the boat on this one.

Maybe, but I don't think so.

If you really think that Scott was like "Holy cow, I can't wait to go out hunting/fishing with a 18 year old kid that I hardly know instead of hanging out at home with my family and friends" well...I don't know what to tell you.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you really think that Scott was like "Holy cow, I can't wait to go out hunting/fishing with a 18 year old kid that I hardly know instead of hanging out at home with my family and friends" well...I don't know what to tell you.

This isnt the first time it happened.  They went fishing on his OV and Nash absolutely loved it.  Scott is an avid hunter and loves to fish also.  Nash is the exact same way. 

Im guessing Frost said they were coming to visit and Nash mentioned that he was going hunting and probably asked them if they want to join. 

You would be amazed at how many kids come to Nebraska to play football that have never went hunting or fishing and it becomes a staple in their lives.  

• Fire 1
42 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

This isnt the first time it happened.  They went fishing on his OV and Nash absolutely loved it.  Scott is an avid hunter and loves to fish also.  Nash is the exact same way. 

Im guessing Frost said they were coming to visit and Nash mentioned that he was going hunting and probably asked them if they want to join. 

You would be amazed at how many kids come to Nebraska to play football that have never went hunting or fishing and it becomes a staple in their lives.  

I am sure tons of them get into it.  

All I am saying is that this is the part of coaching that coaches end up hating.  Not because they hate the kid or the event...but because it is just a drain on their time.  

This would be like a car salesmen selling you a car and then feeling like he has to come to your house 4 months later to hang out with you and make sure you still like the car.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I am sure tons of them get into it.  

All I am saying is that this is the part of coaching that coaches end up hating.  Not because they hate the kid or the event...but because it is just a drain on their time.  

This would be like a car salesmen selling you a car and then feeling like he has to come to your house 4 months later to hang out with you and make sure you still like the car.

I get what you're saying but I disagree.  It would be different if Frost didn't enjoy hunting. 

I'm sure having to go with Nash was a huge burden.  They probably should've just sat around the fire at Nash's house and talked for hours instead.

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I get what you're saying but I disagree.  It would be different if Frost didn't enjoy hunting. 

I'm sure having to go with Nash was a huge burden.  They probably should've just sat around the fire at Nash's house and talked for hours instead.

Wait, so you admit it was a huge burden?  

:)

Just now, teachercd said:

Wait, so you admit it was a huge burden?  

:)

4 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I'm sure having to go with Nash was a huge burden.  They probably should've just sat around the fire at Nash's house and talked for hours instead.:sarcasm

That better? :box

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I don't know, SD has some of the best pheasant hunting in the US, I loved going to Miller SD to get some birds every year, they were all over the place.  If he's an avid hunter and actually likes pheasant, then maybe he saw a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Pheasants in eastern NE are very few a far between, so Frost being a small town kid this was probably a great time.

• Plus1 1
On 12/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, teachercd said:

You know these coaches can't wait for these kids to sign so that they don't have to pretend like they are excited to do this s#!t when they could be doing ANYTHING ELSE.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, teachercd said:

So we went from saying that they don't have to "pretend" and they would rather do "ANYTHING ELSE" to it having to be "Holy cow i can't wait to go...." - how convenient for your story

2 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

So we went from saying that they don't have to "pretend" and they would rather do "ANYTHING ELSE" to it having to be "Holy cow i can't wait to go...." - how convenient for your story

You are trying really hard to accomplish very little.

Here is my "story" as you put it:  No coach is looking forward to hanging out with a high school senior all day when they could be doing anything else at all.  It is not the first thing that they would pick.

Your "story" is???

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You are trying really hard to accomplish very little.

Here is my "story" as you put it:  No coach is looking forward to hanging out with a high school senior all day when they could be doing anything else at all.  It is not the first thing that they would pick.

Your "story" is???

make up your mind is it - they would rather do "anything else" or "it is not the first thing they would pick"  what about second, third, or fourth?

point is some would love to sit in bed and drink hot cocca all day and then finish off with a night cap of ice cream.  SF and company don't mind hitting the outdoors with the recruits.

1 minute ago, GBRFAN said:

make up your mind is it - they would rather do "anything else" or "it is not the first thing they would pick"  what about second, third, or fourth?

point is some would love to sit in bed and drink hot cocca all day and then finish off with a night cap of ice cream.  SF and company don't mind hitting the outdoors with the recruits.

Here we go again!

It is both.  They would rather do anything else and it is not the first thing they would pick to do. 

Look, I get it, this recruit is your golden boy recruit, he is for a lot of fans.  But that doesn't change the fact that coaches don't want to keep recruiting a kid that has already said "I am coming to your school".  It is the annoying part of recruiting.  

Just now, Ziebol said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4427311

Trust me, I am trying!  

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher