DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I wrestled state in both class c & b competition was much better in b.  I moved to Lincoln after I graduated and i see a lot of recruiting of hs players in football & basketball to parochial schools, so the comments on skutt is not surprising. 

Yeah, B is usually pretty nasty...The Boys Town Invite is basically the state tournament.  If you place at that invite you are probably placing at state.

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, B is usually pretty nasty...The Boys Town Invite is basically the state tournament.  If you place at that invite you are probably placing at state.

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It was a long time ago.  Boys town was not very good back then. 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

They are just okay now...but it was just the teams that they hosted for the invite.

Gross (they were so good)

Skutt

Underwood (Iowa)

Gretna

Wahoo

It was stacked.

It's too bad because it's fallen off a little bit.  It used to be a total meat grinder.  You also had Aurora, Tekamah-Herman, Missouri Valley, IA always had a few good kids, Central was always decent.  

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

It's too bad because it's fallen off a little bit.  It used to be a total meat grinder.  You also had Aurora, Tekamah-Herman, Missouri Valley, IA always had a few good kids, Central was always decent.  

Nice memory!

And yes...everyone called it a meat grinder...when I was coaching at BT we always said "Place here and you will place at state" it was brutal.  I can still remember Skutt coming in their first year...they got tore up...next year...they dominated. 

On 2/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Have you ever wrestled?  Bigger the school,  the larger the team.   Smaller schools usually don't have a complete team. 

Not necessarily true,  I coached class D and A wrestling.  Class A probably has more top end wrestlers overall, but they don't usually have the depth of wrestlers.  Every year in class A there are probably 3-4 kids in every Wt class that have no business qualifying for state.  They are average wrestlers at best.  No such thing in the lower classes it is a dog fight in every district just to make it to state.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NUinID said:

Not necessarily true,  I coached class D and A wrestling.  Class A probably has more top end wrestlers overall, but they don't usually have the depth of wrestlers.  Every year in class A there are probably 3-4 kids in every Wt class that have no business qualifying for state.  They are average wrestlers at best.  No such thing in the lower classes it is a dog fight in every district just to make it to state.  

Don't know if all, but several have try outs which smaller schools do not have. 

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher