DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Larger class doesn’t necessarily mean the weestlers are better. 

Yeah, the best team in the state is actually in the lower class. there is no one even close to his standard in the 285 pound weight class in the entire state.

Oh, and he is in the largest class by the way. Chamberlain is A.

35 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Have you ever wrestled?  Bigger the school,  the larger the team.   Smaller schools usually don't have a complete team. 

Skutt dominates high school wrestling and they are dwarfed in size compared to class A schools but they kick their asses all the time.

Now, if you go way down to some really small small schools, sure, they won't have a complete team but that really doesn't matter in wrestling where most of the focus is on individual state medals, the team medals are just a bonus.  I would also guess right now and say that I could name 5-6 class A teams in the state of Nebraska that have less than 15 kids on the team...freshman through senior.  

I coached wrestling and took a few kids to state...It is pretty freaking hard to tell the difference from a class D state champion and a Class A state champion.  I would argue that class B is the best class for wrestling in Nebraska.  

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Skutt dominates high school wrestling and they are dwarfed in size compared to class A schools but they kick their asses all the time.

Now, if you go way down to some really small small schools, sure, they won't have a complete team but that really doesn't matter in wrestling where most of the focus is on individual state medals, the team medals are just a bonus.  I would also guess right now and say that I could name 5-6 class A teams in the state of Nebraska that have less than 15 kids on the team...freshman through senior.  

I coached wrestling and took a few kids to state...It is pretty freaking hard to tell the difference from a class D state champion and a Class A state champion.  I would argue that class B is the best class for wrestling in Nebraska.  

Yeah I'd probably agree with this, I think B is probably deeper in most years (definitely not this year, A was freakin loaded) and A usually has the higher end firepower when it comes to individual talent.

To stay somewhat on topic, the only way Hutmacher is getting challenged is if he goes to a big regional/national tourney like Ironman, the Cheesehead, KC Stampede, Super 32 or something to that effect.  He'll run into some tough kids if he goes to Fargo this year as well although that would be in Freestyle or Greco so different styles.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wrestled state in both class c & b competition was much better in b.  I moved to Lincoln after I graduated and i see a lot of recruiting of hs players in football & basketball to parochial schools, so the comments on skutt is not surprising. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Have you ever wrestled?  Bigger the school,  the larger the team.   Smaller schools usually don't have a complete team. 

Sure, if you’re talking about what team is better. But, we aren’t talking about teams here. We are talking about individual wrestlers. 

In a team sport like football, what class matters a lot. 

In an individual sport like wrestling, you can have kids from below class A that dominate. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure, if you’re talking about what team is better. But, we aren’t talking about teams here. We are talking about individual wrestlers. 

In a team sport like football, what class matters a lot. 

In an individual sport like wrestling, you can have kids from below class A that dominate. 

Maybe a few, but competition over all is better in b & a, then c.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher