DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I too would be really sad if we don't end up landing him, especially if he goes up North.  That said, Nebraska's brand is bigger than any individual player and we will be fine with or without him.

Ya but ... the order isn't gonna be restored with a miss like this.  So, if we miss ... then the brand will take longer to be restored.  This one kid is the battle right now and helps in the rebranding of the product.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

The eye roll is because some have a view that because we have Scott Frost and we are :bigredn: that we can basically take 2* and 3* guys and make Nebraska into Alabama and win 6-7 Natty's in a row.  Well, I guess that is what it means.

To your point, we just need to find the best kids who want to put the :bigredn: on their helmet.  In this case, this kid is like #122 in the country as a ranking for a player, let alone at the DT position ... and in SD and close to us ... I don't know what the "eye roll" guy is looking for.  This is a battle we could/should and WILL win.  Oh well, we all have an opinion ... it is a forum.

Agree, there alot who want every player in the local area even if they are d2 talent. 

I eye-rolled you. 

Because saying missing a single player from any state from any region at any position is going to prevent us from "restoring the order" deserves an eye roll. 

I want Nash as badly as you do. He'd look great in a nice red N. Nebraska football and Scott Frost will be successful without him too if that is how the cookie crumbles. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I eye-rolled you. 

Because saying missing a single player from any state from any region at any position is going to prevent us from "restoring the order" deserves an eye roll. 

I want Nash as badly as you do. He'd look great in a nice red N. Nebraska football and Scott Frost will be successful without him too if that is how the cookie crumbles. 

Of course, things will be fine if we miss. Things will be eerie though if Nebraska doesn't land Betts, Watts, Nash & Turner.

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Anyone else get the feeling that if this kid was from...South Carolina...with the same ranking...that there would not be 4 pages of posts about him?

I am more inclined to say that if he was in South Carolina he'd be ranked a lot higher. But i have not seen him play football only as a wrestler. I will say this. Rivals seems to love the "physical traits" instead of how someone does on the football field. If he would go to a Rivals camp this summer instead of wrestling i think he would go up in the rankings quite a bit. But yes if this kid was in South Carolina and we knew nothing about him other than the rankings.. There would at most 12 replies. 

1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

I am more inclined to say that if he was in South Carolina he'd be ranked a lot higher. But i have not seen him play football only as a wrestler. I will say this. Rivals seems to love the "physical traits" instead of how someone does on the football field. If he would go to a Rivals camp this summer instead of wrestling i think he would go up in the rankings quite a bit. But yes if this kid was in South Carolina and we knew nothing about him other than the rankings.. There would at most 12 replies. 

You make an interesting point about the camps.

Finished his wrestling season 33-0 and ranked #3 in the nation.  Not planning to wrestle in college.

Visiting here the 6th.  Set to visit Oregon April 20th but may reschedule.  Visiting Wisconsin June 7th.  Those are his three finalists.

Planning to decide this summer.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher