DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

This is true unfortunately, the money in wrestling is pretty pathetic compared to football.  I believe Burroughs said he won $250k for winning a gold medal in London and $50k for each world gold medal.  He's certainly making a comfortable living compared to us working stiffs but he's on the bottom rung of the ladder when it comes to professional athlete money.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I think the challenge with wrestling is he would need to cut to 285 to compete and I would imagine he'll be in the 310+ range for the duration of his career so trying to do both sports would be really difficult as opposed to say the Davis twins with track.  You do make an interesting point about Farmer that is pretty interesting.

Nash played football at 325 this year. He cut 40 lbs for wrestling. I don't think he will wrestle in college at all. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not disagreeing here, but what you said before was not true.  There are avenues for people to wrestle and make money doing it after college.

What I said was true though - there is no professional wrestling outside of the WWE. I never said people can't make money from it 

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

The family hobbies...

1.  Lifting

2.  Taking videos of lifting

3.  Using #'s

4.  Football

5.  Dad taking videos of lifting

Nothing wrong with that.:D  I keep hoping they post more comparison videos with father and son doing same lifts.  Last they posted it seemed like the kid was catching up.

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

The family hobbies...

1.  Lifting

2.  Taking videos of lifting

3.  Using #'s

4.  Football

5.  Dad taking videos of lifting

it is why I think we win the recruiting battle in all honesty. Put him and his dad in a meeting room with Ellis and Duval and have them go off about nutrition and what levels they can push your body etc. SOLD 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it is why I think we win the recruiting battle in all honesty. Put him and his dad in a meeting room with Ellis and Duval and have them go off about nutrition and what levels they can push your body etc. SOLD 

Oh I think they already know what your saying.  He's coming this weekend to meet the DL coach Tony Tuioti in person. They both know all about Duval and Ellis already.  They may actually be coming to see those two also, just to get their take on things.  Nash is all NU and I have no doubts about that and having dad close is important so I just don;t see him going any place further than a 5 hour drive from home! 

12 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

How do you guys think he stacks up to our other DL  recruits? Watching his film  he looks slow to me.

He's got plenty of speed.  Heck they were using him like Refrigerator Perry running the ball out of the back field in short yardage and goal line offense. In film I saw was double teamed and was able to get to the QB quite often.  Also saw him in pursuit run down a RB on the sideline 10 yards down field!

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher