DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

They can be nothing alike and both still be annoying.  

At this point, his father appears to be one who would be very bothersome to a coaching staff.  However, it's possible that he's not.

College coaches are masters at dealing with parents like this.  I'm confident, if he comes to Nebraska, Frost will be able to handle things.

I agree and more than likely the Dad will not be annoying to college coaches and like you said, those guys know how to deal with it as it is.

I don't think the Dad is a bad dude, just sort of annoying.  PolarBear!

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

would you decline? 

I would...I hate how I look and sound on camera...it creeps me out to no end.  But I would make my kid go on...or I would hire someone like Ted McGinley to be my stand in.

Right now, he is just a little bit like this

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They can be nothing alike and both still be annoying.  

At this point, his father appears to be one who would be very bothersome to a coaching staff.  However, it's possible that he's not.

College coaches are masters at dealing with parents like this.  I'm confident, if he comes to Nebraska, Frost will be able to handle things.

I have a good story about this.  

My wife coaches HS volleyball and during conference meetings,  a coach from another team, who has a Husker commit on it, was telling my wife how horrible her parents are to deal with.  Well earlier in the year, Coach Cook came to watch and the mom requested a sit down meeting with him to discuss her daughter and whats best for her.  He declined it and I guess it pissed the mom off and she asked why not.  Cook said there is nothing to talk about and told the mom to worry about cooking spaghetti dinners and let him worry about her daughter.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Cook said there is nothing to talk about and told the mom to worry about cooking spaghetti dinners and let him worry about her daughter.  

I have no idea if this is true, but if someone told my wife that, I'd tell him to go eff himself. No coach is ever going to worry about my kids as much as my wife and I will. And no coach is going to put the best interests of a kid ahead of themselves or their team.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I have no idea if this is true, but if someone told my wife that, I'd tell him to go eff himself. No coach is ever going to worry about my kids as much as my wife and I will. And no coach is going to put the best interests of a kid ahead of themselves or their team.

The mother of this player is VERY demanding and is a pain to deal with according to the coach.  She told my wife that the mom wrote her a 4 page letter about how horrible she is as a coach and what she needs to do to better the team.  

18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

For the vast majority of parents, that's a valid comment.  However, there are some that need to be told exactly what Cook supposedly said.  If the parent didn't like it, she has two options.  a) deal with it or....b)  convince her child to go somewhere else.

Luckily, Cook is in the position that losing one player because of a bad parent isn't going to kill the program.

31 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

My wife coaches HS volleyball and during conference meetings,  a coach from another team, who has a Husker commit on it, was telling my wife how horrible her parents are to deal with.  Well earlier in the year, Coach Cook came to watch and the mom requested a sit down meeting with him to discuss her daughter and whats best for her.  He declined it and I guess it pissed the mom off and she asked why not.  Cook said there is nothing to talk about and told the mom to worry about cooking spaghetti dinners and let him worry about her daughter.  

I can only imagine and hope that John Cook would handle this sort of situation with much more tact than the way this story is presented. I bet there are some details of the actual convo that got lost by the time it reached you. But the point about the pain-in-the-a$$ parent is totally believable.

51 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think that is what he wants...assuming the story is true.  

It is a classic coaching move.  The message is simple.  You are an adult now...your parents don't run your VB career or my team.  So you pick what you think is best for you when it comes to VB...my team and my coaching or your mom.

You are right that no one will ever care more about your kids than you and your wife.

Also...maybe the mom was just super good at making italian dinners and it was actually a compliment. 

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Our VB coach was threatened with a lawsuit over who should and should not start.

I’m guessing the spaghetti dinner comment was thrown in there to exaggerate the message. If this is true, I think Cook would have just told her to worry about her daughter under her roof and he will coach her up when the time comes. 

Parents that live their life through their kids success suck. Let your kid enjoy the moment. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Do you not think that Ball loves his kids?  Do you not think he is proud of his son's accomplishments and excited for them?  How is Ball saying "I could beat MJ" all that different from this kids dad tweeting out "Gotta show the kid that the old man can still outlift him" videos.  

It’s their relationship and don’t really think any of us are in position to comment on it. Maybe that’s what motivates Nash? His dad probably isn’t posting those things thinking a bunch of college football fans are watching his Twitter, he probably does it for family and friends. Lavar does his peac$%king on national television and does it to promote their brand. I just don’t agree with all the negative comments assuming we understand their relationship.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

It’s their relationship and don’t really think any of us are in position to comment on it. Maybe that’s what motivates Nash? His dad probably isn’t posting those things thinking a bunch of college football fans are watching his Twitter, he probably does it for family and friends. Lavar does his peac$%king on national television and does it to promote their brand. I just don’t agree with all the negative comments assuming we understand their relationship.

Yeah...their brand...the family brand, right?

Also...why not have your twitter account on private just for family and friends?  

Look, he isn't a bad guy.  Neither of them are.

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher