DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/29/2019 at 9:49 AM, teachercd said:

It isn't like Ball forces his way onto ESPN...ESPN asks him on.

Do you really think that if Dad Hutmacher was invited on to ESPN that he would decline it?

He absolutely would decline it, because he’s not worried about “exposure” or expanding a brand. He’s immensely proud of his son for his many accomplishments(Joe tweets about the things Nash has already accomplished, Lavar on the other hand makes outlandish claims about himself and his kids.... for example saying he could’ve beat MJ one on one, saying Lonzo was the best player on the Lakers roster even after signing Lebron... the point is Lavar was trying to build a brand, Joe is a proud parent and it’s ridiculous to compare the two) and is expressing it in the way he knows how, while also pushing his son through their rivalry. It’s also important to remember anyone can read this message board and it’d be a damn shame to hurt the football coaches recruiting efforts in any way.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, bisonwiches said:

He absolutely would decline it, because he’s not worried about “exposure” or expanding a brand. He’s immensely proud of his son for his many accomplishments(Joe tweets about the things Nash has already accomplished, Lavar on the other hand makes outlandish claims about himself and his kids.... for example saying he could’ve beat MJ one on one, saying Lonzo was the best player on the Lakers roster even after signing Lebron... the point is Lavar was trying to build a brand, Joe is a proud parent and it’s ridiculous to compare the two) and is expressing it in the way he knows how, while also pushing his son through their rivalry. It’s also important to remember anyone can read this message board and it’d be a damn shame to hurt the football coaches recruiting efforts in any way.

Sorry Mr Polar Bear

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've been wondering this.  I'm not a weight lifter and I haven't even played one on TV.  Didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express either.

But....this kid is just finishing up his Junior year in HS. So, I have to assume he's around 17 years old.

Is there a fear of his body not holding up long term lifting this much weight this early then expecting to go through college and possibly pros too?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've been wondering this.  I'm not a weight lifter and I haven't even played one on TV.  Didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express either.

But....this kid is just finishing up his Junior year in HS. So, I have to assume he's around 17 years old.

Is there a fear of his body not holding up long term lifting this much weight this early then expecting to go through college and possibly pros too?

It is possible but since he is already 6'5" and almost 300 lbs the bulk of his frame development is likely already done. Being that big means normal rules don't necessarily apply. I would be more concerned over a 200 lb kid doing similar things. Regardless, I believe the bigger risk is injury from lack of skill, overdoing it, etc.,  and have that injury become chronic. You can hear his dad correct his form after the first rep in the deadlift video (partly why the second rep looked so much easier) which is nice to see. Despite the best of intentions far too many high school coaches don't know what they are doing and the kids suffer for it.

From an anecdotal state I lifted from 14 to 29. Was never his size but was lifting a bit more than him from the videos around that age "Insert naturally strong family joke here" and never had a lifting or repetitive use injury. Years later and still no wear & tear stuff. Maybe I just got lucky. Have a few friends that still have nagging injuries they got from sports/lifting when they were younger. Maybe it's all a crapshoot but they were the type that would do a ridiculous amount of reps on their own and broke down over time. Hence my slant on the question.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zeWilbur said:

It is possible but since he is already 6'5" and almost 300 lbs the bulk of his frame development is likely already done. Being that big means normal rules don't necessarily apply. I would be more concerned over a 200 lb kid doing similar things. Regardless, I believe the bigger risk is injury from lack of skill, overdoing it, etc.,  and have that injury become chronic. You can hear his dad correct his form after the first rep in the deadlift video (partly why the second rep looked so much easier) which is nice to see. Despite the best of intentions far too many high school coaches don't know what they are doing and the kids suffer for it.

From an anecdotal state I lifted from 14 to 29. Was never his size but was lifting a bit more than him from the videos around that age "Insert naturally strong family joke here" and never had a lifting or repetitive use injury. Years later and still no wear & tear stuff. Maybe I just got lucky. Have a few friends that still have nagging injuries they got from sports/lifting when they were younger. Maybe it's all a crapshoot but they were the type that would do a ridiculous amount of reps on their own and broke down over time. Hence my slant on the question.

I assume you played D1 football?

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher