DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Hutmacher update: Nash Hutmacher has a decision timeline in mind for his football future, but wrestling will take priority for the coming weeks.

The four-star 2020 South Dakota defensive lineman just wrapped up his third and likely final official visit, this one to Wisconsin after previously seeing Nebraska and Oregon. Now he’ll turn his attention to wrestling and a pair of upcoming national tournaments, with an eye on making his football decision by the time football season starts in August.

“I’m probably just going to focus on wrestling right now and focus on training,” he told the Journal Star on Sunday.

Hutmacher is seemingly down to those three schools and all three knew what to do: Take the big guy fishing.

“I live right on the river in Chamberlain and so I’m always fishing,” he said. “We might as well do that (on visits). … I caught some walleyes, some smallmouth, white bass, rock bass and some perch, too.”

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...

50 minutes ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

I sure hope not

Another board, where I am a member, has a post from an "person" close to his family stating he will be picking Wisconsin... I sat next to them at a Nebraska game in the fall...his family and friends seemed to enjoy their visit here a lot.

3 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Another board, where I am a member, has a post from an "person" close to his family stating he will be picking Wisconsin... I sat next to them at a Nebraska game in the fall...his family and friends seemed to enjoy their visit here a lot.

That would be a huge loss.

21 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Not saying this is not true. I see the Crystal Ball favors N. Since I am not a subscriber there, I cannot see Fong’s prediction. But I also will consider the possibility that 247 is not as current and doesn’t know as much as the source from the other board. We will see.  

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher