DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

One kid has taken Nash past the first period this year.  Survived into the third period before being pinned

I would be interested in knowing if this was because the other kid was so good or was Nash causing it?

One of my good friends was a multiple state champ and ended up #2 or #3 in the nation in college before getting injured.  He said that there were times when his coach would have him not pin a kid right away so he could practice various things.  Kind of like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be interested in knowing if this was because the other kid was so good or was Nash causing it?

One of my good friends was a multiple state champ and ended up #2 or #3 in the nation in college before getting injured.  He said that there were times when his coach would have him not pin a kid right away so he could practice various things.  Kind of like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it.

Absolutely. Both my boys wrestle and have on multiple occasions cut someone (let them up) or let them out of a hold just so they can work on other things. Do this when you assume there is no way the other kid can beat you. They have also had it happen to them when at a large national tourney where the competition is at a very high level. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He said on Big Red Wrap Up last night the other kid had a solid game plan.  Then he started getting frustrated and over thinking and over attacking.  He has every intention to end matches as fast as possible

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I coached wrestling and we never had kids toy with anyone but I think sometimes wrestlers do it on their own.   Really good wrestlers (lower weights) will take down and cut kids all the time because it is easier for them to win that way and you are not at a big risk of getting pinned.

Heavyweights don't tend to toy with guys...one mistake at that weight and you are pinned.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I coached wrestling and we never had kids toy with anyone but I think sometimes wrestlers do it on their own.   Really good wrestlers (lower weights) will take down and cut kids all the time because it is easier for them to win that way and you are not at a big risk of getting pinned.

Heavyweights don't tend to toy with guys...one mistake at that weight and you are pinned.

The guy I shared a locker with my senior year in hs was (probably) the best wrestler in the state at his weight.  He was undefeated his soph and junior years.  His senior year the coach had him wrestle in a big tournament after he'd been up most the night puking his guts out with the flu or something.  He got beat the next day.  He won all rest of his matches his sr year, and ended up meeting that same kid in the semi-finals at state.  He spent all three periods tying that poor kid in knots, twisting his limbs the wrong way, and rubbing his face into the mat.  Then he pinned the guy with about 10 seconds left.  The other guy looked like he'd been through hell after the match.  I'd say my guy toyed with that poor kid who'd beat him earlier in the year.  lol 

8 minutes ago, NUance said:

The guy I shared a locker with my senior year in hs was (probably) the best wrestler in the state at his weight.  He was undefeated his soph and junior years.  His senior year the coach had him wrestle in a big tournament after he'd been up most the night puking his guts out with the flu or something.  He got beat the next day.  He won all rest of his matches his sr year, and ended up meeting that same kid in the semi-finals at state.  He spent all three periods tying that poor kid in knots, twisting his limbs the wrong way, and rubbing his face into the mat.  Then he pinned the guy with about 10 seconds left.  The other guy looked like he'd been through hell after the match.  I'd say my guy toyed with that poor kid who'd beat him earlier in the year.  lol 

Oh I am sure he did...I am just saying that coaches really don't tell them to do it