HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

I think come 2 years from now, he will be our best interior run defender.

If he can get his footwork and mobility up, look out. Reminds me of a stronger Maliek Collins.

Maliek was unbelievably quick and athletic coming out of HS.  Nash should be a monster 2 gap, block eater.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Maliek was unbelievably quick and athletic coming out of HS.  Nash should be a monster 2 gap, block eater.  

Not even the same body type either. Two different players and that’s okay. Maliek would be a 3-4 DE in this scheme. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Not even the same body type either. Two different players and that’s okay. Maliek would be a 3-4 DE in this scheme. 

I was referring to the wrestling background. You can see his leverage advantage at the point of attack.

One kid has taken Nash past the first period this year.  Survived into the third period before being pinned

13 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

One kid has taken Nash past the first period this year.  Survived into the third period before being pinned

I would be interested in knowing if this was because the other kid was so good or was Nash causing it?

One of my good friends was a multiple state champ and ended up #2 or #3 in the nation in college before getting injured.  He said that there were times when his coach would have him not pin a kid right away so he could practice various things.  Kind of like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be interested in knowing if this was because the other kid was so good or was Nash causing it?

One of my good friends was a multiple state champ and ended up #2 or #3 in the nation in college before getting injured.  He said that there were times when his coach would have him not pin a kid right away so he could practice various things.  Kind of like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it.

Absolutely. Both my boys wrestle and have on multiple occasions cut someone (let them up) or let them out of a hold just so they can work on other things. Do this when you assume there is no way the other kid can beat you. They have also had it happen to them when at a large national tourney where the competition is at a very high level. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He said on Big Red Wrap Up last night the other kid had a solid game plan.  Then he started getting frustrated and over thinking and over attacking.  He has every intention to end matches as fast as possible

• Plus1 1