** 2018 Opponent Previews: Northwestern (Game 7) **

I do think it's one rule that should probably be more closely enforced that it is.

Probably holding and offensive pass interference as well.

But it's not like it's only available to certain teams.  If it's that much of an advantage, a good coach should probably be using it to his advantage.

It's like complaining that they never should have put in the three-point line because the Golden State Warriors are too good at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few interesting observations in looking at Northwestern's stats so far this year.

• Their QB has NEGATIVE 75 rushing yards. He's also thrown as many interceptions as TDs (6).
  • Their Rush/Pass mix is 164/227, with 10 rushing TDs. Their main RB, Larkin, has 5 TDs and a 4.8 yd/carry ave.
  • Their K has no FG attempts under 30 yds and is 2/5 over 30.
  • Northwestern is currently 26th in Turnover Margin (NU is tied for 106th).
  • Fewest Penalty Yds/Game: Northwestern is #49 (NU is #99).

• Plus1 2

If we don't clean up our team on either side, can we beat anyone in the Big 10?  Watched alot of football this last weekend.  Big 12, SEC, Big 10, and Pac 12.  My biggest take away from this weekend was that Big 10 football teams generally don't make too many mistakes.  Steady football and ground and pound rules out for the most part.  Even OSU, with all of its speed, beats you with power football.

So far we make more mistakes than most of any team I watched play all weekend long.  Kansas, which really sucks, doesn't make as many boneheaded plays as we do and they are near the bottom in any football rankings.  Until we clean things up, I don't know how we fair against Big 10 teams right now.

Pat Fitzgerald coached team usually will not beat themselves, and that means that we will have to go out and play a cleaner game to have a chance with our defense.

• Plus1 1