** 2018 Opponent Previews: Ohio State (Game 9) **

11 minutes ago, Undone said:

Did anyone catch ESPN's analyst Finebaum roasting Urban Meyer yesterday? He believes that Urban is circling the drain in the same fashion in his last season at Florida.

Meyer is apparently complaining of "headaches." If those headaches are real...I'm going to say that he caused them himself.

Edit - Here's the link to the video:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25062985

If they drop a couple more games, lose to Michigan...he will have health issues and retire again for sure I believe. The preseason stuff just startes the snowball.

I was reading an article yesterday where they noted Urb didn’t look healthy and that was contributing to the players not playing well.  Watching all of the talent that OSU has piss away a game against Purdue would make me sick too.  I think a lot of this piling on is just wishful thinking. OSU has 2 weeks to address their mistakes and will be fired up against us.  They might lose to UM (finally) and probably won’t make the playoffs (again) but I don’t see Urb retiring anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think a lot of this piling on is just wishful thinking. OSU has 2 weeks to address their mistakes and will be fired up against us.

Yeah. In other words, the sky is not falling because they lost to Purdue. Our fan base remembers what it's like to have expectations that are so high that when you lose a single game you freak out.

I think the reality though is that the scandal from the start of the season isn't actually over. Going 12-0 probably would have helped smooth it all over, even if just in Urban's head. But getting basically blown out by Purdue seems to show that Urban has been unstable; the instability didn't show prior to Purdue, but it's showing now. 

I hope Michigan beats them. And of course, I really hope we beat them!   :)

While the sky isn't falling and they are definitely going to be looking to get right against us, this is actually shaping up to be an interesting game for me. I am confident that our team will give 100% effort to win. We will have a little confidence under our belt and Frost will have the boys swinging until the final whistle. We will come to win the game. If OSU is locked in, they will still beat us soundly, but if they aren't I think we have a fighting chance. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

While the sky isn't falling and they are definitely going to be looking to get right against us, this is actually shaping up to be an interesting game for me. I am confident that our team will give 100% effort to win. We will have a little confidence under our belt and Frost will have the boys swinging until the final whistle. We will come to win the game. If OSU is locked in, they will still beat us soundly, but if they aren't I think we have a fighting chance. 

It's like the Wisconsin game - what do we have to lose? Even less than when we played Wisconsin. It is actually impossible to get to Indy at this point, so just swing for the fences with all the crazy s*** and see what happens!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

If they drop a couple more games, lose to Michigan...he will have health issues and retire again for sure I believe. The preseason stuff just startes the snowball.

I am not going to defend Urban for the whole Zac Smith thing but at what point do we stop making fun of someone's health problems? He did have a surgery to remove a headache inducing cysts in 2014 which also caused him problems in 1998 and 2004 (https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/03/34023/meyer-health-fine-buckeyes-adequate-day-1). Maybe that is causing him problems now? I don't know. I am not going to get into the stuff in Florida but when is it ok not to believe that had problems in 2009? Was some of that stress self induced? Maybe. Would you question a co-worker or family member that had to step away from work for medical reasons? Most people try and get better and return to work. There are plenty of reasons not like Urban Meyer, I understand it, but it just looks bad when people make fun of a person or rip on them for health reasons. 

34 minutes ago, jaws said:

I am not going to get into the stuff in Florida but when is it ok not to believe that had problems in 2009? Was some of that stress self induced? Maybe. Would you question a co-worker or family member that had to step away from work for medical reasons? Most people try and get better and return to work. There are plenty of reasons not like Urban Meyer, I understand it, but it just looks bad when people make fun of a person or rip on them for health reasons. 

Oh, for sure. I do think he deserves the benefit of the doubt with the health stuff in the context that maybe stress is related to the headaches. 

Taking the drama out of it entirely, I'm still going to say though that if he wins all of his remaining regular season games and beats (a completely overrated) Wisconsin in Indy, OSU will make the playoff and he'll stay on.

If they don't make it to the conference title game or don't win it, I genuinely predict he won't be there next season. Again, not even speculating as to the "why." Just a genuine prediction.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, jaws said:

I am not going to defend Urban for the whole Zac Smith thing but at what point do we stop making fun of someone's health problems? He did have a surgery to remove a headache inducing cysts in 2014 which also caused him problems in 1998 and 2004 (https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/03/34023/meyer-health-fine-buckeyes-adequate-day-1). Maybe that is causing him problems now? I don't know. I am not going to get into the stuff in Florida but when is it ok not to believe that had problems in 2009? Was some of that stress self induced? Maybe. Would you question a co-worker or family member that had to step away from work for medical reasons? Most people try and get better and return to work. There are plenty of reasons not like Urban Meyer, I understand it, but it just looks bad when people make fun of a person or rip on them for health reasons. 

Maybe when they stop using it as an excuse for why they can't remember don't want to talk about something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaws said:

59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Maybe when they stop using it as an excuse for why they can't remember don't want to talk about something.

I am with Mavric on this one.  He opened himself up to questioing with his track record and behavior. 

Just now, runningblind said:

I am with Mavric on this one.  He opened himself up to questioing with his track record and behavior. 

Alright then, go ahead and rip on his medical conditions. I don't care who it is, it just sounds like an odd thing to attack someone with. 

• Plus1 1