** 2018 Opponent Previews: Ohio State (Game 9) **

On 10/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, jaws said:

I am not going to defend Urban for the whole Zac Smith thing but at what point do we stop making fun of someone's health problems? He did have a surgery to remove a headache inducing cysts in 2014 which also caused him problems in 1998 and 2004 (https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/03/34023/meyer-health-fine-buckeyes-adequate-day-1). Maybe that is causing him problems now? I don't know. I am not going to get into the stuff in Florida but when is it ok not to believe that had problems in 2009? Was some of that stress self induced? Maybe. Would you question a co-worker or family member that had to step away from work for medical reasons? Most people try and get better and return to work. There are plenty of reasons not like Urban Meyer, I understand it, but it just looks bad when people make fun of a person or rip on them for health reasons. 

Calling it right now: OSU loses to Mich and Urban "retires" due to health issues, two years later Nick Saban retires and Urban is the new Alabama head coach.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:10 PM, jaws said:

Alright then, go ahead and rip on his medical conditions. I don't care who it is, it just sounds like an odd thing to attack someone with. 

Hearing the medical problems Meyer has had, my preference would be to not have a brain cyst and be a normal person rather than a highly successful coach with a brain cyst.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Hearing the medical problems Meyer has had, my preference would be to not have a brain cyst and be a normal person rather than a highly successful coach with a brain cyst.

Ummm....ok. I don't think he has any control over having a brain cyst. The only thing he can control is being a coach.  

Just now, jaws said:

Ummm....ok. I don't think he has any control over having a brain cyst. The only thing he can control is being a coach.  

It’s a hypothetical, like if someone offered you the choice and could actually make it happen, which would you choose? I’m going with average cyst free life.

Was the cyst from his Florida health issues?  When I see people discuss his health issues as, "health issues," it is when he as at Florida.  There was some sentiment that he left because Florida was going to have NCAA issues or because he no longer had the QB (Tebow) that brought him the greatest success at Florida.  His 2010 team was his worst.  Honestly, I think the Florida job took a toll on him.  Much like Coach Osborne in his last few years.  That is probably what we are seeing now.

12 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Was the cyst from his Florida health issues?  When I see people discuss his health issues as, "health issues," it is when he as at Florida.  There was some sentiment that he left because Florida was going to have NCAA issues or because he no longer had the QB (Tebow) that brought him the greatest success at Florida.  His 2010 team was his worst.  Honestly, I think the Florida job took a toll on him.  Much like Coach Osborne in his last few years.  That is probably what we are seeing now.

The bolded is the reason he gets ripped on for health issues.  He had "heart issues" at Florida that were the reason he retired and the thought is that was a scapegoat.  Those issues seemed to go away pretty quickly.  If the brain cyst is real, I don't wish that on anyone, even Meyer, the dirtbag that he is but he seems to like to exaggerate when it comes to health issues and conveniently release those issues when things aren't going so well for him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1