NFL Changes Nation Anthem Protocols

Sound familiar?  This is from Germany, 1934.

LINK

dKBqYZk.png

FOOTBALLERS IN DISGRACE

Did Not Give Nazi Salute on Field

Berlin, January 7

The Karlsruhe Football Club has been prohibited from playing in 1934 because its team failed to give the Nazi salute when entering the field against a French club at Melz (France) in December.

It has been alleged that the Germans refrained from saluting because the Frenchmen threatened that they would not play, and would give no compensation to their opponents, if the salute were given. They feared that the spectators might riot.

All Baden sports clubs have been forbidden to enter into French engagements until the incident has been settled. 

Two professors controlling hospitals have been sentenced to three and four months' imprisonment respectively, for having "falsely disparaged" Nazism. 

A business man and a typist have been sent to gaol (jail) for three months, and another typist has been fined £100, on similar charges.

• Plus1 3

Report: NFL Owners Admit Donald Trump Squeezed Them On Anthem Protests

Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal got a look at the some of the depositions taken in relation to Colin Kaepernick’s grievance case against the NFL. According to the testimony of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Trump let the NFL know he had it by the balls. “This is a very winning, strong issue for me,” Jones testified that Trump told him in a phone call. “Tell everybody, you can’t win this one. This one lifts me.” (Remember this the next time some downmarket Tucker Carlson whines about government coercion against a private business.)

It wasn’t just Jones, either. More WSJ:

“I was totally supportive of [the players] until Trump made his statement,” Stephen Ross, the Miami Dolphins’ owner and creator of programs advocating for social justice, said in his deposition. Noting that owners’ conversations with Mr. Trump were relayed during a league meeting, he said: “I thought he changed the dialogue.”

• Plus1 2

i wonder who will be in charge of monitoring who is and who isn't on the field for the anthem.   i am sure that someone will notice if the backup center stays in the ;ocker room during the anthem and either trump or the far right nazis will call them out.

• Plus1 1

Colin Kaepernick’s Lawyer: Somebody Is Ready to Snitch on the NFL

The attorney for currently unemployed NFL stars and former San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid dropped a bomb Wednesday on CNN when he hinted that a witness in their collusion case against the powerful football league was ready to drop dime with concrete evidence proving that NFL owners conspired to keep both men off the field for protesting during the national anthem the killings of unarmed African Americans.

“I would stay tuned because this case is about to take a dramatic turn,” lawyer Mark Geragos said on CNN Wednesday night, NBC Sports reports.

Pushed to explain what that ominous declaration meant, Geragos wouldn’t offer specifics but suggested that “somebody has decided they were going to dime out the NFL for what they were doing.”

Well, can't say I'm terribly surprised. This White House has demonstrated a pattern of trying to back out of commitments if they're afraid the other side will do so first.

Super proud of my Eagles for sticking to their principles even when it was hard and they are being demagogued by a bunch of fake patriots like this. There are a few players on last year's team who really have their heads screwed on straight and refuse to waver in their quest for social equality. From day 1 those leaders rejected Trumpism and the man himself for his godawful character while making it extremely clear it WASN'T about disrespecting the military or the flag. 

Seriously, how petty is this White House? They're throwing an alternate ceremony to continue trying to demagogue about my team being anti-military and "loudly & proudly play the National Anthem."

Again, this explicit linking of sports and the military is creepy. Trump's an utterly insecure punk too afraid to take legitimate criticism like a man and I couldn't be prouder of my Eagles. FLY EAGLES FLY!

• Plus1 3
  • 2 months later...