Palmer & Copeland Returning for 2018-19

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

I thought we were talking about the only tournament that mattered?

So would your opinion suddenly change on the return of Palmer/Copeland if they beat Miss State last year?

My opinion of Copeland and Palmer have always been positive.  Well, not ALWAYS.  I was skeptical of Copeland after he came here and had back surgery.  But otherwise, I thought they were very good players.

I just don't think Miles knows how to coach against major conference teams game after game.  He doesn't know how to get the most out of players.  He can't get a team to come out and play well even in a loss.  

So while it is good they are coming back, Miles has to prove he knows what to do with them when they are on the court.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

My opinion of Copeland and Palmer have always been positive.  Well, not ALWAYS.  I was skeptical of Copeland after he came here and had back surgery.  But otherwise, I thought they were very good players.

I just don't think Miles knows how to coach against major conference teams game after game.  He doesn't know how to get the most out of players.  He can't get a team to come out and play well even in a loss.  

So while it is good they are coming back, Miles has to prove he knows what to do with them when they are on the court.

Well, if it makes you feel better I dont think they will live up to expectations this year and Miles will be fired.

I dont disagree with your sentiment. He runs far too much Isolation type offense. Guys like Palmer can create there own shot and drive which allows him to attract talented guys who want to be a "do it all" type player but he lacks the team dynamic.

Problem is Miles gets good enough players in the door to save his bacon. We might have 2 legit 1st round picks next year in Roby and Palmer. I still dont see Copeland being drafted. Watson is a european ball player. 4 of next years starters should be able to play legit pro-ball next year somewhere.... Maybe they will be so good Miles cant screw it up?

26 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Well, if it makes you feel better I dont think they will live up to expectations this year and Miles will be fired.

I dont disagree with your sentiment. He runs far too much Isolation type offense. Guys like Palmer can create there own shot and drive which allows him to attract talented guys who want to be a "do it all" type player but he lacks the team dynamic.

Problem is Miles gets good enough players in the door to save his bacon. We might have 2 legit 1st round picks next year in Roby and Palmer. I still dont see Copeland being drafted. Watson is a european ball player. 4 of next years starters should be able to play legit pro-ball next year somewhere.... Maybe they will be so good Miles cant screw it up?

In theory, Miles wants to run a motion offense like Bobby Knight (and others).  In reality they run a ton of iso plays because their "motion" is too predictable and they get in end of the shot clock situations too often.  If they could become a little less predictable in their "motion", it would benefit all five players on the floor.

12 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

In theory, Miles wants to run a motion offense like Bobby Knight (and others).  In reality they run a ton of iso plays because their "motion" is too predictable and they get in end of the shot clock situations too often.  If they could become a little less predictable in their "motion", it would benefit all five players on the floor.

Agreed. Ideally they could get a legit 3 point shooter a ton of options by slashing dishing out and then making an extra pass.

We have plenty of guys who have the ability to put there head down and drive to the hoop but really wish we could take advantage of that to open up others for shots.