2021 PG Chucky Hepburn [Wisconsin Commit]

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/bellevue-west-s-chucky-hepburn-receives-scholarship-offer-from-nebraska/article_8e242995-cf69-510c-8743-fef38da89fa4.html

Nebraska offered a scholarship to Bellevue West guard Chucky Hepburn.

This is the soon-to-be sophomore's first Division I scholarship offer. It came after Hepburn made an unofficial visit to Nebraska on Tuesday.

“It was really fun," Hepburn said of the visit. "It is a cool campus, and I loved the environment there. We toured the Hendricks raining complex and then Memorial Stadium and Pinnacle Bank Arena.

“The visit opened my eyes to exactly what they have at Nebraska. The facilities are amazing and the program is headed in the right direction.”

Nebraska is recruiting Hepburn as a point guard.

"They want me to dominate the ball more and be a willing scorer.

• Plus1 3

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/sautter-chucky-hepburn-is-a-star-in-the-making-but/article_8a135d9f-a188-51e6-8e03-abb263ffbb8b.html

“My dream is to play in the NBA and become a known commodity,” Hepburn said. “Oregon and Creighton are the schools that I have dreamt about putting a jersey on for, but I am open to any school that is a good fit for me.”

Nebraska coach Tim Miles saw Hepburn in person for the first time when Bellevue West played at Lincoln Southwest on Feb. 1. UNO coach Derrin Hansen was there as well. UNO sent an invitation to its elite camp in June, and Oregon has expressed interest through discussions with his father.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nebraska remains Hepburn’s lone offer at this point, but Creighton has been showing heavy interest along with Purdue. Hepburn plans to take an unofficial visit for the Boilermakers’ elite camp later this month.

He also will attend the Tim Miles Elite Camp in Lincoln on Sept. 1 and turn that into another unofficial visit, where he will take in the Husker football team’s season opener vs. Akron that night.

Hepburn’s schedule will be more open than usual this fall, as he decided in June he would not play football this season for the Thunderbirds this season.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/chucky-hepburn-earned-a-husker-scholarship-with-his-freshman-season/article_04f8a56e-40b3-511c-8e80-43fabd91c9f0.html

Then in late May he became the youngest in-state player to receive an offer from Nebraska during Tim Miles' tenure.

"They have great facilities and have great team chemistry," Hepburn said of Nebraska. "The coaching staff is really good. Coach Miles and (assistant coach Michael) Lewis are doing a great job, and my relationship with Coach Lewis is really good. Every time I speak with him he makes me feel comfortable."

The 6-foot, 178-pound sophomore took multiple unofficial visits to Nebraska and Creighton this fall. He also made a visit to Purdue. Oklahoma State, Iowa, Oregon and Wisconsin have also shown interest.

"(Assistant coach Preston) Murphy at Creighton is recruiting me and said he wants to get me to some games this season," Hepburn said. "I'll go to as many Nebraska and Creighton games as I can this winter or whatever works around my team's schedule."

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Will be interesting to see what happens if Creighton has to fire Murphy over the Adidas scandal since he's the one that supposedly offered Bowen's dad 100k & good paying jobs.