OLB T.J. Bollers [Wisconsin Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

70 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bollers commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Thats fair. I guess perhaps my beef would be that we are Nebraska. Maybe we have been down and out for 15 years but we are still a top 5 winningest program and blue blood. If we are going to be dishing out 800k for a DC he should be a stud now. Not stud in training. Stud in training should be at TCU or a second level school IMHO. I just hate hearing that he is inexperienced, we shouldnt be hiring inexperienced staff.

Damn dude.

Do you really think Frost would have an assistant he didn't truly believe in?

Frost has worn the jersey and literally took beatings for Nebraska football.  No one, and I mean no one, wants us performing at a high level than Scott Frost.

If Frost believes Chinander is the right DC, so do I.

• Plus1 6

48 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Thats fair. I guess perhaps my beef would be that we are Nebraska. Maybe we have been down and out for 15 years but we are still a top 5 winningest program and blue blood. If we are going to be dishing out 800k for a DC he should be a stud now. Not stud in training. Stud in training should be at TCU or a second level school IMHO. I just hate hearing that he is inexperienced, we shouldnt be hiring inexperienced staff.

I'm in no way saying he'll ultimately will be good, and there's a part of me that agrees with you. Hiring an experienced DC is no guarantee of success. Heck Frost himself is inexperienced as a HC.

44 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Damn dude.

Do you really think Frost would have an assistant he didn't truly believe in?

Frost has worn the jersey and literally took beatings for Nebraska football.  No one, and I mean no one, wants us performing at a high level than Scott Frost.

If Frost believes Chinander is the right DC, so do I.

Well all we can do is hope Frost is right because its his call.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So you are saying we shouldn't have hired Frost?

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

So you are saying we shouldn't have hired Frost?

That is silly and you know it. He was the hottest up and coming coach in the country and on top of it he was a Nebraska Alumni and not just a regular ex player but a national championship QB. With all his coaching pedigree to go with it. Totally different. I think everyone in the country would have hired Frost as a top choice if they were looking. If all those same teams were just looking to replace their D Coordinator I think its safe to say Chinander would have been on no ones short list.

I think Frost being young in his career is even more important to have more seasoned guys on the staff.

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Great analysis there. So because Diaco was a bad hire means we should not hire experienced coaches? Ok.

No, I said We have hired very experienced DCs in the past and Chinander’s D is better? Also stating diaco as a experienced D coordinator had the worst defense in Nebraska history. There are 0 quick fixes. Firing more coaches isn’t going to fix anything. Get a system let it play out for 5-6 years.   

• Thanks 2

He said he really enjoyed being here for another visit.  The loss really didn't bother him.  Said he sees clear goals here and, if anything, it shows areas where we need help, particularly his position of OLB that can rush the passer.

Plans to visit Wisconsin and Iowa State yet this fall.  Doesn't have another visit scheduled here but says he'll be back again.

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB T.J. Bollers [Wisconsin Commit]