OLB T.J. Bollers [Wisconsin Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

70 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bollers commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Sadly, I listened to this whole broadcast and came away with an even deeper conviction of how much better Chryst and those Badgers are in most aspects than my Huskers.  I think I'm also more convinced that Frost is not going to be able to unseed him.  Wisky is just too much like the Huskers of old that I believe has the right approach.

As that all relates back to T. J. And Wisky's class, they are on schedule to lock down another Top 25 class, which I think will bebetter than us and will actually be developed better from top to bottom with less attrition and movement to new positions.

Dang, I think I actually had a reality check and realize that I got a dose of truth and now I have to live in my new truth.  

They've got a great thing going and their formula works. With everything, there are pros and cons of how they do what they do. The best thing they have going for them is that they will not panic and change what they are doing like we did with Petersen. Should they do so their grip they have would slip quickly. Alvarez was smart for knowing this as has built a near well oiled machine.

I'm not ready to say Chryst will not get unseated, but they are trending in the right direction. I just want to see them go up against a Nebraska program that coaches, recruits and develops to it's best ability, which is something Wisconsin hasn't had to deal with from us yet. Remains to be seen if Frost is that guy.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

It would be tough to lose Kaden Johnson, Maliek Reed (a bit underrated but seemed like Frost and Chin really wanted him), and TJ Bollers to Wisc at OLB in back-to-back classes. 

Well one is churning out NFL quality LB's and one can't figure out what to do and just canned their OLB coach because of no progress. Which sounds more appealing to you?

• Plus1 6
29 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Sadly, I listened to this whole broadcast and came away with an even deeper conviction of how much better Chryst and those Badgers are in most aspects than my Huskers.  I think I'm also more convinced that Frost is not going to be able to unseed him.  Wisky is just too much like the Huskers of old that I believe has the right approach.

As that all relates back to T. J. And Wisky's class, they are on schedule to lock down another Top 25 class, which I think will bebetter than us and will actually be developed better from top to bottom with less attrition and movement to new positions.

Dang, I think I actually had a reality check and realize that I got a dose of truth and now I have to live in my new truth.  

I mean .... the past five years have been the worst stretch of Husker football in decades.  And they were also coming on the heels of three straight Rose Bowl appearances by Wisconsin.

Over that time, Wisconsin needed 13 fourth-quarter points to win by two (2015) and won in overtime (2016).  The 2017 game was tied deep into the third quarter and the last two games were basically even from a total yards standpoint.  

Wisconsin has lost five and four games the past two years.  They are far from unbeatable.  If we can improve at all there isn't any reason we won't start winning our share of those games.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
Just now, Ziebol said:

Well one is churning out NFL quality LB's and one can't figure out what to do and just canned their OLB coach because of no progress. Which sounds more appealing to you?

Yeah, the worst part of last year was we needed to make a decent step forward in the win column to show some of these top-shelf recruits that we are on the way.  Especially with some of the guys who already have some interest.

18 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

They've got a great thing going and their formula works. With everything, there are pros and cons of how they do what they do. The best thing they have going for them is that they will not panic and change what they are doing like we did with Petersen. Should they do so their grip they have would slip quickly. Alvarez was smart for knowing this as has built a near well oiled machine.

I'm not ready to say Chryst will not get unseated, but they are trending in the right direction. I just want to see them go up against a Nebraska program that coaches, recruits and develops to it's best ability, which is something Wisconsin hasn't had to deal with from us yet. Remains to be seen if Frost is that guy.

Hey, I appreciate your thoughts while also not getting blasted.  I will continue to root for what you expressed ... but I even think Scott has some more "humble pie" to eat.  Hope he does and hope he changes.  He could be the answer if he does.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, the worst part of last year was we needed to make a decent step forward in the win column to show some of these top-shelf recruits that we are on the way.  Especially with some of the guys who already have some interest.

It will be needed ... and it won't happen again.  Personally, I see us losing to two of our first six games.  It's always something ... if that didn't happen or some "fluck" thing ... well, then we would have won.  This is sort of the mantra that seems to have germinated as an excuse and we continue to wait to be cleaned up ... but it's still there.  It's kinda like Andy Dufrane ... ya know ... that lawyer screwed him ... "every one is innocent in here."

As Mavric said in his example ... we had every reason and opportunity to win against Wisky every year ... and yet ... that lawyer screws us again.  By no means has Wisky dominated us really ... we just can't get out of our own way.  This year, we say we have just a real brutal schedule.  I say BS to that.  We just aren't that good.  It's not a tough schedule.  It's not even a Top 20 tough schedule ... we just are weak.  We are out coached and lack the development both in our mind, our skills and our attitude to overcome the prior decay.

There are reasons I'm not running a 04:00:00 marathon and really not getting close anymore.  It's on me.  It's not the training, the weather, the other runners.  It all points back to me.

At this point it's all blah, blah, blah to me ... and I'm a fan.  It won't surprise me at all to see us 6-6 or 5-7 ... and if it's better than that it will be because of some "break", not that of sound fundamental football being accomplished because of great blocking or good tackling.

Again, feeling like this all just good truth to absorb and then decide how I want it to be different.  I think its gonna be status quo in the attitude area with the same results as the past three.

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Hey, I appreciate your thoughts while also not getting blasted.  I will continue to root for what you expressed ... but I even think Scott has some more "humble pie" to eat.  Hope he does and hope he changes.  He could be the answer if he does.

There's no need to be put down. These years have been hard on our fanbase. It's tough watching a team somewhat modeled after us have success by just being consistent. As for Frost, he's a very proud person, like most of us are as fans. I think the bumps he has taken has to make him wise up.

I still like what we can do overall should this thing get put together versus what Wisconsin has done and the momentum they've gotten because of it.

6 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I honestly don't think we stand a chance with Bollers. Could be wrong but the good thing is we are targeting a ton of OLB's and we are close with a lot of good ones other than Bollers. 

How I'm seeing it as well.  The bummer is facing him and Kaden in the future years along with what those guys would have meant to the program.  Four years ago it was Isaiah Simmons.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB T.J. Bollers [Wisconsin Commit]