** 2018 Opponent Previews: Iowa (Game 12) **

16 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Looks like no rain in Iowa City during the game. Winds 10 kts out of the west.

Not really my forecasts, just passing along what the models show. We now have both the GFS and the NAM to look at. Light rain now looks to be JUST west of Iowa City at noon, and more widespread around Iowa City by 4 PM on Friday. The NAM say .10” in Iowa City by 3pm and the latest (hot off the press) GFS model run agrees with the NAM on timing (rain appears to reach Iowa City near 1 PM) and the GFS says .20” by 3 PM. Winds are back to 15 kts out of the south.

Athlon predicting a 3 point NU win.

This should be a good game and it's a great way to start out the college football slate on Black Friday. Both Scott Frost and Brian Ferentz are extremely good play-callers, but Nebraska's offense has seemed to have found its rhythm and possesses big-play ability from multiple positions. The Huskers also come into this one with more momentum, while the Hawkeyes have stumbled a bit down the stretch. This game could go either way, but siding with the team that has had more success over the past month seems the right call.

Prediction: Nebraska 33, Iowa 30

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-cornhuskers-vs-iowa-hawkeyes-prediction-picks-2018?amp

On 11/20/2018 at 11:06 AM, Nebfanatic said:

I would categorize one of the least explosive offenses in power 5 as bad

How’s their bad offense working out for us?  Sorry to bring this up again, but too many of you kook aid drinkers can’t seem to grasp how solid Iowa is and bad our front seven is.  I hated to type this last sentence, but until we get a defense that can compete in the big ten, we will just have to outscore oponents.  That’s not going to cut it in the big ten in November.  

37 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

How’s their bad offense working out for us?  Sorry to bring this up again, but too many of you kook aid drinkers can’t seem to grasp how solid Iowa is and bad our front seven is.  I hated to type this last sentence, but until we get a defense that can compete in the big ten, we will just have to outscore oponents.  That’s not going to cut it in the big ten in November.  

Iowa’s offense isn’t good. Our defense being bad doesn’t change that fact. 

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Iowa’s offense isn’t good. Our defense being bad doesn’t change that fact. 

When did I say they were?  Would you call Iowa’s defense “bad”?  That’s what I was originally disagreeing with. They just put 31 on us and it’s not just because our D sucks. 

8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

When did I say they were?  Would you call Iowa’s defense “bad”?  That’s what I was originally disagreeing with. They just put 31 on us and it’s not just because our D sucks. 

9th in th B1G against their SOS is bad. What they did against us has no bearing because our defense is bad. There is no reason for anyone who’s watched Nebraska play this year to change their mind about Iowa’s offense based on this game. 

• Thanks 1