Husker Gameday Food

2 Questions as it relates to this: 

1. Has anyone ever shipped Runza and/or Valentinos through their mail order system process? I'm contemplating doing it for the games in the fall and wanted to know others' opinions on how the food turned out

2. What is your go to food item when watching Husker games if you are NOT in the stadium?

• Plus1 1

We bring back Runza and Vals back when we drive ( 9 hours)

Runza's can be purchased uncooked and frozen - after baked in oven they taste just as good as from restuarant

Vals half-baked and frozen pizza are good but not even close to what they taste like from the restuarant

Have never shipped thru the mail system....

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

We bring back Runza and Vals back when we drive ( 9 hours)

Runza's can be purchased uncooked and frozen - after baked in oven they taste just as good as from restuarant

Vals half-baked and frozen pizza are good but not even close to what they taste like from the restuarant

Have never shipped thru the mail system....

do they let you pick it up from the restaurant? My brother is in Lincoln and drives back occasionally. May have him pick it up frozen from the Runza/Valentinos store and throw it in his trunk

9 minutes ago, desertshox said:

how do people stomach the garbage that is val's pizza?

When you're tipsy, or outright drunk, almost anything tastes good.  :lol:

Seriously though, as pizza goes, Val's isn't wow/great, but it's not bad either.

As to the OP...never tried ordering Vals or Runzas through the mail.  When watching a game, having a pizza delivered is usually my go-to.  

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

do they let you pick it up from the restaurant? My brother is in Lincoln and drives back occasionally. May have him pick it up frozen from the Runza/Valentinos store and throw it in his trunk

yes you can pickup at both restaurants

Runza need to be ordered the day before you pick them up

Vals has the standard pizzas (pep / hamb / cheese / supreme) pre made and available - we usually just order it the way we want it and then it is available in 20 minutes / take home and freeze so the next morning it is ready to be packed in car

8 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

2 Questions as it relates to this: 

1. Has anyone ever shipped Runza and/or Valentinos through their mail order system process? I'm contemplating doing it for the games in the fall and wanted to know others' opinions on how the food turned out

2. What is your go to food item when watching Husker games if you are NOT in the stadium?

My Mom ordered and had shipped frozen Runzas to me in NY for my B-Day last year. They taste pretty good cooked in the oven.

Back in the late 90's the dorms would actually serve Runzas as part of the buffet meal plans.  You could take as many as you wanted.  They were individually wrapped.  We would wear cargo pants and snag entire min-freezers full of Runzas for the next week.  Even reheated, they always tasted great.  Made for some excellent pregame-tailgates in good old Abel.

13 hours ago, RedSavage said:

This.  Way better than at the restaurant

I always thought the stadium pizza tasted worse.  But then I don’t mind ordering Val’s to go.  Not a fan of the buffet.  Also their spinach pasta is the best thing there.