Husker Gameday Food

On 6/3/2018 at 6:21 AM, shyndy said:

I always thought the stadium pizza tasted worse.  But then I don’t mind ordering Val’s to go.  Not a fan of the buffet.  Also their spinach pasta is the best thing there.

Val's went way down hill when they opened other stores and put in the buffets.  The original pizza from the original restaurant was dang good.

However, now the people mention it, I do believe it's better at the stadium than at the restaurants.

• Plus1 1

On 6/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, Bradr said:

Back in the late 90's the dorms would actually serve Runzas as part of the buffet meal plans.  You could take as many as you wanted.  They were individually wrapped.  We would wear cargo pants and snag entire min-freezers full of Runzas for the next week.  Even reheated, they always tasted great.  Made for some excellent pregame-tailgates in good old Abel.

They did?  I don't remember that at all!  I remember the non-stop supply of Vals in the cafeteria though.

I agree on Vals tasting better at the stadium.

Didn't now you could buy frozen Runzas, i might have to look into that.

If I'm at home watching the game its Half a "brick" of Velveeta, one can of Hormel chili no beans, nuke it til cheese melts, and stir together. I dunk Tostitos in that, and its like a drug to me lol

Chicken wings, Nachos, and grilled Brats are also good "football food" to me too.

• Plus1 1

If you look at their website you might finding pricing and other shipping information. We thought about a few years ago and it was pricey and I think you had to find your own shipper. Maybe it’s changed, but it seemed like a lot of hassle and a lot of dough. 

• Plus1 2
23 hours ago, krc1995 said:

If you look at their website you might finding pricing and other shipping information. We thought about a few years ago and it was pricey and I think you had to find your own shipper. Maybe it’s changed, but it seemed like a lot of hassle and a lot of dough

Image result for i see what you did there