Mavric

ILB Jackson Hannah [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Jackson Hannah

Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee

School: Montgomery Bell Academy

Position: Linebacker

Height: 6-3

Weight: 225

40 Time

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Duke, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Memphis, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, Purdue, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin, Tennessee

Visits: 6/2/18; 9/8/18 vs. Colorado

O8n7o.png

Twitter

247 Composite: #420 Overall; #25 OLB; .8850; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #17 ILB; :star:star:star:star 
247: #30 OLB; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #42 OLB; :star:star:star 

Hudl

• Plus1 2

Nebraska

seaofred92,,Husker_luver,Roger Dorn,obert1,Wunderkind,HS_Coach_C,Mavric,ADS,The Murphinator,brophog,swmohusker,LumberJackSker,Treand3,Thanks_Tom RR,Throw Dem Bones,sho,HuskermanMike,Dilly Dilly,sodakhusker36,Young Grand Island Husker,Edison's Enemy,yort2000,KazLongDrives300,Hedley Lamar

• Plus1 1

I think the most impressive thing is the offer was from less than a month ago.  especially with the list of other teams that offered him.  Well done.

6-3, 225 from the jump is nice to see as well.

• Plus1 4

Stole a TN kid with a TN offer. Purdue was the only other B10 offer. But look at his offer list......makes his current ranking look stupid. Not that it matters but his ranking will go up. Really like this pickup and his film. Damn but this staff is smoking!

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Stole a TN kid with a TN offer. Purdue was the only other B10 offer. But look at his offer list......makes his current ranking look stupid. Not that it matters but his ranking will go up. Really like this pickup and his film. Damn but this staff is smoking!

Wisconsin also offered.

• Plus1 2

This feels like what you want in a strong close to a recruiting class ... AND IT"S JUST GETTING STARTED!!  

If Frost can generate some wins in this season in the range of an 8-4 record we just might create some momentum ... something we have not seen in quite a few years.

Welcome Jackso :bigredn: !

• Plus1 1

I actually really like this. While he was great at run stuffing and rushing the passer, I was not impressed by his coverage skills or lack thereof. I think his athleticism on the inside is going to be awesome.

• Plus1 3

So with Jackson Hannah, Garrett Snodgrass, and Garrett Nelson, do we only have room for 1 more linebacker in this class, or do we possibly get 2 more?

I know Nick Henrich is still high on the want list.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

So with Jackson Hannah, Garrett Snodgrass, and Garrett Nelson, do we only have room for 1 more linebacker in this class, or do we possibly get 2 more?

Snodgrass is coming in as a TE/H-back.

19 minutes ago, ADS said:

Snodgrass is coming in as a TE/H-back.

Maybe, I don't think it's set I just saw mention of it. He worked out at LB in Chicago a few weeks ago.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

TAKE THAT ALABAMA!

YES. First step in beating them on the field is beating them OFF.

Wait- let me say that out loud one more time "BEATING THEM OFF"

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

YES. First step in beating them on the field is beating them OFF.

Wait- let me say that out loud one more time "BEATING THEM OFF"

yA, i AGREE IT IS IMPORTANT WE BEAT THOSE ELEPHANTS OFF    the field and then beat them on the field.

I like these commits saying they are shutting down their recruiting process and will only be visiting Nebraska now.

I know Frost is probably encouraging that.

1 minute ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I like these commits saying they are shutting down their recruiting process and will only be visiting Nebraska now.

I know Frost is probably encouraging that.

I thought I had heard he was telling the kids to commit when they are ready- they are not pressuring for commits. Which means the kids who do commit or when they commit are probably truly committed. They are making the decision for them and not because they feel like they are pressured to lock in a spot. 

I thought I had heard he was telling the kids to commit when they are ready- they are not pressuring for commits. Which means the kids who do commit or when they commit are probably truly committed. They are making the decision for them and not because they feel like they are pressured to lock in a spot. 

We'll see. If there's anything I know about recruiting, it's that verbal commitments are made to be broken.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

We'll see. If there's anything I know about recruiting, it's that verbal commitments are made to be broken.

But would you agree that historically some coaches can get commitments but for whatever reason they struggled to hang on to all of them. IE Riley. But Frost seems like the type who kids absolutely love him and his staff and what he does and are truly locked in. 

Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are 2 of those types who you dont see alot of kids deflect once they agree. Just my thought.

But would you agree that historically some coaches can get commitments but for whatever reason they struggled to hang on to all of them. IE Riley. But Frost seems like the type who kids absolutely love him and his staff and what he does and are truly locked in. 

Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are 2 of those types who you dont see alot of kids deflect once they agree. Just my thought.

I don't follow recruiting for enough teams or enough coaches to really agree or disagree. Recruits defect from even the top teams, but I don't know at what rate or if it varies by coach or school or whatnot.

"Everything just clicked ... The academics is there, the football is there, the conference is there. I just felt at home. It's something I really can't describe," Hannah said shortly after breaking the news.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Hannah comes from Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, and picked NU over a reported offer list that included Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida, Oregon, South Carolina, Wisconsin, LSU, Cal, Duke, Mississippi State, Memphis, North Carolina, Louisville, Vanderbilt and Purdue.

Hannah had been a recruiting target of schools for three years, with an initial offer coming from his hometown school of Vanderbilt. Nebraska didn't really come onto his radar until two or three months ago.

"I didn't think that I'd ever be going to Nebraska, to be honest," Hannah said. "I didn't know too much about it other than they were a powerhouse in the 80s, 90s, etc. But getting up there, and getting to know the city better, Lincoln, beautiful city, it was just amazing ... I never once walked away from a campus feeling like I did about Nebraska, and I've been to Alabama, LSU, Cal-Berkley, Virginia, all over the country, and I just felt right at home at Nebraska."

• Plus1 8

3 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Garrett Snodgrass will probably play TE

Garrett Nelson will probably play OLB

Jackson Hannan will probably play ILB

I would like to see us snatch at least another LB hopefully on the inside such as Nick Henrich.

51 minutes ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

Garrett Snodgrass will probably play TE

Garrett Nelson will probably play OLB

Jackson Hannan will probably play ILB

I would like to see us snatch at least another LB hopefully on the inside such as Nick Henrich.

The longer it drags out, I think Henrich is N. 

Watch his tape.  He is unmovable.  A huge offensive lineman will have him tied up, and as soon as the guy with the ball comes by, he breaks free and gets the tackle.  Yes, it’s a highlight reel.  But it’s long and he does the same thing, over and over again.  And it’s obvious with the offers he has, that that’s not the exception but the norm.

He also plays his position well.  He doesn’t overcommit and does what the coach wants him to do.  

He also has a burst when he needs too.  Great pick up.   (Indeed, it appears as if he is an ideal player to face Wisconsin’s offense).