ILB Jackson Hannah [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hannah commit?

• Nebraska
    • Arkansas
    • California

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I like these commits saying they are shutting down their recruiting process and will only be visiting Nebraska now.

I know Frost is probably encouraging that.

I thought I had heard he was telling the kids to commit when they are ready- they are not pressuring for commits. Which means the kids who do commit or when they commit are probably truly committed. They are making the decision for them and not because they feel like they are pressured to lock in a spot. 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought I had heard he was telling the kids to commit when they are ready- they are not pressuring for commits. Which means the kids who do commit or when they commit are probably truly committed. They are making the decision for them and not because they feel like they are pressured to lock in a spot. 

We'll see. If there's anything I know about recruiting, it's that verbal commitments are made to be broken.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

We'll see. If there's anything I know about recruiting, it's that verbal commitments are made to be broken.

But would you agree that historically some coaches can get commitments but for whatever reason they struggled to hang on to all of them. IE Riley. But Frost seems like the type who kids absolutely love him and his staff and what he does and are truly locked in. 

Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are 2 of those types who you dont see alot of kids deflect once they agree. Just my thought.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But would you agree that historically some coaches can get commitments but for whatever reason they struggled to hang on to all of them. IE Riley. But Frost seems like the type who kids absolutely love him and his staff and what he does and are truly locked in. 

Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are 2 of those types who you dont see alot of kids deflect once they agree. Just my thought.

I don't follow recruiting for enough teams or enough coaches to really agree or disagree. Recruits defect from even the top teams, but I don't know at what rate or if it varies by coach or school or whatnot.

"Everything just clicked ... The academics is there, the football is there, the conference is there. I just felt at home. It's something I really can't describe," Hannah said shortly after breaking the news.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Hannah comes from Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, and picked NU over a reported offer list that included Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida, Oregon, South Carolina, Wisconsin, LSU, Cal, Duke, Mississippi State, Memphis, North Carolina, Louisville, Vanderbilt and Purdue.

Hannah had been a recruiting target of schools for three years, with an initial offer coming from his hometown school of Vanderbilt. Nebraska didn't really come onto his radar until two or three months ago.

"I didn't think that I'd ever be going to Nebraska, to be honest," Hannah said. "I didn't know too much about it other than they were a powerhouse in the 80s, 90s, etc. But getting up there, and getting to know the city better, Lincoln, beautiful city, it was just amazing ... I never once walked away from a campus feeling like I did about Nebraska, and I've been to Alabama, LSU, Cal-Berkley, Virginia, all over the country, and I just felt right at home at Nebraska."

• Plus1 8
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Jackson Hannah [Nebraska - Signed LOI]