Mavric

OT Michael Lynn [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Michael Lynn

Hometown: Englewood, Colorado

School: Cherry Creek

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-7

Weight: 300

40 Time

Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Colorado State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, UNLV, Utah, Washington State, Wyoming

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #765 Overall; #71 OT; .8614; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #69 OT; :star:star:star 
247: #79 OT; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

I think another thing about Colorado kids that is good is they usually want to get out of the state. For whatever reason, this is what most of them want to do. In short, continuing to take the best from Colorado is something that we need to keep doing. 

We also have built a solid pipeline there with the best from Colorado coming here continually. Lynn would just add to that and would be an interesting prospect for sure. He has the frame of an OT and finishes blocks really well.  

35 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think another thing about Colorado kids that is good is they usually want to get out of the state. For whatever reason, this is what most of them want to do. In short, continuing to take the best from Colorado is something that we need to keep doing. 

We also have built a solid pipeline there with the best from Colorado coming here continually. Lynn would just add to that and would be an interesting prospect for sure. He has the frame of an OT and finishes blocks really well.  

I'd be embarrassed of my state and my teams if I lived in Colorado too.

The mountains and scenery are great and it's a nice place to visit - but I'm not surprised when people want to leave.

• Plus1 2

We must be selling something here. CB flying all over the place. In regards to this kid. How is a kid with 6 P5 offers not rated?

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We must be selling something here. CB flying all over the place. In regards to this kid. How is a kid with 6 P5 offers not rated?

He is? Unless you're talking about ESPN and if that's the case, don't. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

He is? Unless you're talking about ESPN and if that's the case, don't. 

I was just looking at his 247 composite.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There are a lot of kids that don't have a Composite rating yet.  They don't do the Composite unless there is a full rating on at least one other site.  Rivals hasn't released a lot of their numerical rankings yet - just the star rankings.  And ESPN sucks is way behind.  Rivals is supposed to release their rankings soon so then the Composites should start filling in.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ah gotcha, ya what Mav said.

Mainly I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make fun of ESPN. 

With an #827 National Rank and #76 OT Rank he is not a "must" in my 2020 class or at the position at this time.  If we take three OT I think he is the lowest rank of them all.   I'll at least hope for that.  Based on rankings alone ... we have to do better then this.  I'd be curious to see the Frost OT board and where this guy sits on it.  I don't think he is the top guy at all ... thus, not a "must".

• Plus1 2

On 6/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, HuskermanMike said:

If Colorado could ever get it together again they could become a giant thorn in Nebraska's side.  Boulder is an absolutely breathtaking campus.  Plus, you know the herb.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

With an #827 National Rank and #76 OT Rank he is not a "must" in my 2020 class or at the position at this time.  If we take three OT I think he is the lowest rank of them all.   I'll at least hope for that.  Based on rankings alone ... we have to do better then this.  I'd be curious to see the Frost OT board and where this guy sits on it.  I don't think he is the top guy at all ... thus, not a "must".

1. He's a 2019 recruit. 

2. He's higher rated than Anderson right now. 

3. Keeps the Colo pipeline live and well. 

4. I don't think he's at the top of the board, but he's an option. 

Maybe not a must get, but he'd be a welcome addition. 

• Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

1. He's a 2019 recruit. 

2. He's higher rated than Anderson right now. 

3. Keeps the Colo pipeline live and well. 

4. I don't think he's at the top of the board, but he's an option. 

Maybe not a must get, but he'd be a welcome addition. 

This is where I am at with him. If he wants in now we take him. We need OTs on this roster and this cycle we will need 3 HS and one JuCo imo. 

Hey, great catch.  My bad.  Man, I wonder how I had him for 2020.  Thanks for the correction.

8 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

This is where I am at with him. If he wants in now we take him. We need OTs on this roster and this cycle we will need 3 HS and one JuCo imo. 

Yup, I won't go crazy over the pickup and actually think Anderson is a better prospect but we need 3 HS guys. 

• Plus1 2

I’ve seen him practice and play. He works real hard. Creek is a great school who plays good competition. I’ll probly go to 4-5 games this season and keep watching him. Dave Logan is the coach and they run a good scheme. 

Nebraska

Roger Dorn,Dilly Dilly,HS_Coach_C,Young Grand Island Husker,seaofred92,sho,yort2000,Mavric,ADS,HuskermanMike,SouthLincoln Husker,The Murphinator,Minnesota_husker,LumberJackSker,1HuskrFan,Wunderkind,r06ue1,AZRaiderH8r,swmohusker,KazLongDrives300,The Cornfather

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

How good is this kid?

IMO he’s better than Anderson at this moment.

8 minutes ago, ADS said:

IMO he’s better than Anderson at this moment.

He’s also around 300. Anderson I think has better feet and more nastiness in him. 

• Plus1 1

I dont think he is a developmental guy.  Has some solid offers and already has the size to compete right away.  

• Plus1 1

Awesome get! We need to continue to take the best kids from Colorado as they usually want to go out of state. Michael has some good size for an OT and he is one that I have kept tabs on because I believe he will be better down the road. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Decked said:

He’s also around 300. Anderson I think has better feet and more nastiness in him. 

Ya I love Anderson's upside. He was undervalued when we got him because he's played one season at OT and at only 235lbs. He's already in the 260's. Two years under Duval and he's going to be 320lbs of whoop-ass. 

As far as Lynn goes he seems like a decent get that really wants to be here,  held his own well at the Adidas camp. 

3 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Have the two developmental guys, now go chase your stud. Please Benhart. 

One of our remaining OL spots likely goes for a JUCO OT. Leaving us with just one or possibly two high school spots left, ya I would aim high with a guy like Benhart here. 

Interesting that he made it known during his Soph year that if Colorado offered he'd commit. They didn't and still haven't offered. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Interesting that he made it known during his Soph year that if Colorado offered he'd commit. They didn't and still haven't offered. 

Oh Colorado, why do you make it so easy to make fun of you?

Image result for Big Daddy cereal gif

As for Lynn, glad to him in the fold.  He is a large human.

• Plus1 2

The Buffs have 4 OL commits but many of their fan base wanted Lynn to be offered and taken over some of their current commits

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Good interview. Love that him and Wildeman have a vendetta for CU after not getting offered. Let's hope they can get Carson Lee and Reece Atteberry to be N as well.

19 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I dont think he is a developmental guy.  Has some solid offers and already has the size to compete right away.  

But based on his video, he's very lacking in technique. He's a big guy that's playing tackle, not a tackle that just happens to be big. 

I agree with the poster above, Anderson has a nastiness I don't see here. Both of these players, imo, need some time.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Good interview. Love that him and Wildeman have a vendetta for CU after not getting offered. Let's hope they can get Carson Lee and Reece Atteberry to be N as well.

Was a good interview. Is he under the impression we play CU annually?

7 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

CU recruiting is perplexing.  They passed on Lynn, the local kid who appears to be a solid 3* recruit.  But they gave a scholie to a 2* OL from Austria?  Weird.  LINK

==========================  

Lynn is a good get for us.  Glad to have him :bigredn:

10 minutes ago, brophog said:

But based on his video, he's very lacking in technique. He's a big guy that's playing tackle, not a tackle that just happens to be big. 

I agree with the poster above, Anderson has a nastiness I don't see here. Both of these players, imo, need some time.

I think overall it's just VERY hard to find quality OTs coming out of high school.  After Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, LSU, etc. get their pick there aren't a lot to go around.  Sean Callahan has noted several times over the last few months that even some the best Pipeline tackles from the 90s played guard in the NFL.  So until we start competing on the national level - or have a really good in somewhere - we're probably looking to mostly get some "project" guys and hope to build them up from there.

Farniok was barely a four-star but even when he was in high school there were rumblings that he'd end up at guard.  Jaimes was a higher three-star but not that close to a four-star.  Brokop was about the same but flamed out.  Gates was barely a four-star and was pretty decent but is a guard if he makes it in the NFL.  Paul Thurston was a mid-four-star but didn't pan out.  Tyler Moore was the last solid four-star OT we got but ran into personality issues.  Even in the supposed Callahan recruiting boom we got basically nothing for highly-rated OT recruits. 

Just a very hard position to recruit.

• Plus1 3

On 8/6/2018 at 4:31 PM, Mavric said:

I think overall it's just VERY hard to find quality OTs coming out of high school.  After Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, LSU, etc. get their pick there aren't a lot to go around.  Sean Callahan has noted several times over the last few months that even some the best Pipeline tackles from the 90s played guard in the NFL.  So until we start competing on the national level - or have a really good in somewhere - we're probably looking to mostly get some "project" guys and hope to build them up from there.

Farniok was barely a four-star but even when he was in high school there were rumblings that he'd end up at guard.  Jaimes was a higher three-star but not that close to a four-star.  Brokop was about the same but flamed out.  Gates was barely a four-star and was pretty decent but is a guard if he makes it in the NFL.  Paul Thurston was a mid-four-star but didn't pan out.  Tyler Moore was the last solid four-star OT we got but ran into personality issues.  Even in the supposed Callahan recruiting boom we got basically nothing for highly-rated OT recruits. 

Just a very hard position to recruit.

I agree on this about how hard it is to recruit OTs. The amount of kids who are at least 6'6 275 - that can also play football well are slim to begin with

15 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I agree on this about how hard it is to recruit OTs. The amount of kids who are at least 6'6 275 - that can also play football well are slim to begin with

Yep. And like Mav said, even those guys who do have that size and the requisite athleticism wind up at places like Bama, OSU, Notre Dame, etc. Unless the kid has a reason to like NU to begin with we're not going to get that type of recruit 95% of the time. I played high school ball with Brandon Scherff, who played OT at Iowa a handful of years ago and wound up winning the Outland for them. He was pretty freakish athletically but even he was extremely raw (played only one year of offensive line in HS) and he STILL wound up at guard in the NFL. 

Dudes that can put it all together and come out of the gates ready to play OT are extremely, extremely rare. It's what LT is such a premium position for NFL teams.

Mav summed it up quite well. Personally I'm still salty Baker Steinkuhler didn't wind up playing OT, but he made his choice so you can't really fault him.