2022 Recruiting Notes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the adding of Denim Dawson, I officially request we call him Canadian Tuxedo .

Interesting where this leaves us. I know we can oversign like Seaofred suggested, but we are in Jamarques Lawrence top 2. Not sure if we have anyone else we are super hot/heavy on?

I guess the biggest thing is having room for the two big 2023 boys in Omaha Biliew and Simeon Wilcher.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

With the adding of Denim Dawson, I officially request we call him Canadian Tuxedo .

Interesting where this leaves us. I know we can oversign like Seaofred suggested, but we are in Jamarques Lawrence top 2. Not sure if we have anyone else we are super hot/heavy on?

I guess the biggest thing is having room for the two big 2023 boys in Omaha Biliew and Simeon Wilcher.

We’re going to lose anywhere from 1-4 underclassmen after this year IMO. They’ll be fine no matter what- just interesting to see us accepting commitments this early 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

With the addition of Dawson (in addition to Lloyd and Keita)- we technically are “full” but i wouldn’t be surprised to see us take two more commitments in this class with Bryce likely gone after the year and probably Walker and McGowens too

Walker has all but said he's gone after this year.  He's got his degree & will have been in college for five years by May.  He's ready to move on the next chapter in his life.

Not sure about either McGowens.  If Bryce does go, Trey will too.  If Bryce stays, I wouldn't be surprised to see Trey stay.

I'm sure there will be some underclassmen that leave because they think they deserve more playing time.  It happens to every team.  No one is willing to develop for a year or two before they are in the regular rotation.

42 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Walker has all but said he's gone after this year.  He's got his degree & will have been in college for five years by May.  He's ready to move on the next chapter in his life.

Not sure about either McGowens.  If Bryce does go, Trey will too.  If Bryce stays, I wouldn't be surprised to see Trey stay.

I'm sure there will be some underclassmen that leave because they think they deserve more playing time.  It happens to every team.  No one is willing to develop for a year or two before they are in the regular rotation.

What we lose after this year has me concerned. I’m expecting both McGowens to be gone along with walker. 

However, for that to happen, I think it would take us to have a really good year so Bryce would get drafted. A really good season would also go a ways for us getting Omaha and Wilcher. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What we lose after this year has me concerned. I’m expecting both McGowens to be gone along with walker. 

However, for that to happen, I think it would take us to have a really good year so Bryce would get drafted. A really good season would also go a ways for us getting Omaha and Wilcher. 

But those guys will both probably be one and dones as well.

We need the long term projects and 4 year guys to pan out. The 1 year guys are great but gotta build around them. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic