Joker Movie in the Works

A little troll job by the Joker movie?

In Joker, Joaquin Phoenix stars as the Clown Prince of Crime, whose name has been confirmed to be "Arthur Fleck." While there are a number of reasons why the character might use this moniker, some fans still think the name is ultimately a dig at former Batman actor Ben Affleck.

It's unclear if the film will reveal that his birth name is Arthur Fleck or if it's a stage name of sorts, though hearing the name spoken in the new trailer is causing fans to remember that, when shortened, the name could be read as "A. Fleck." This is likely just a coincidence, but some fans seem to think this was definitely a nod to Justice League star Ben Affleck, who confirmed earlier this year he was leaving the DC Extended Universe behind.

• 4 months later...

5 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

Who plays the lead in this?  Ben Affleck or the pasty vampire guy?  :)

The correct answer is, neither...

In this incantation, Batman is in his middle 50's, he's been through the fights, he's weathered, scarred, tired.

I don't want some pretty little POS playing this Batman, (the only incantation I like), I want a tough S.O.B. playing batman...

Possibilities:  Sean Bean, Randy Couture, maybe Russell Crowe

7 minutes ago, walksalone said:

In this incantation, Batman is in his middle 50's, he's been through the fights, he's weathered, scarred, tired.

I don't want some pretty little POS playing this Batman, (the only incantation I like), I want a tough S.O.B. playing batman...

Sean Bean would be perfect for that role.

20 hours ago, walksalone said:

Didn't we get a little of that in the Dark Knight Rises?

On 9/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, ZRod said:

Didn't we get a little of that in the Dark Knight Rises?

No, we got a lame a$$ "death metal" batman...

Google Frank Miller Batman, and you'll get a better idea, and see that the CB batman isn't close to that...

On 9/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, RedSavage said:

Except he'd have to die at the end...

I'm not gonna lie, I am laughing...

• 4 weeks later...