Joker Movie in the Works

17 hours ago, Toe said:

A lot of reviewers are comparing it to Taxi Driver, too.

For me it was a mix of 'Taxi Driver', 'Falling Down' and 'The King of Comedy'.   If you like those three movies, you'll love the Joker.  With the success of this, I hope they do a movie similar to the game Arkham Asylum and tie this version of the Joker to a new darker DC universe which, IMO would have major box office success.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, teachercd said:

Has there been a movie since maybe Hostile, that the media has tried to hate so much AND also has tried to egg on people to start shooting up theaters, more than this movie?

The media has been a bunch of hacks trying to stir sh#t up when there’s nothing even there to stir up.

I saw it Sunday at 6 because the 5:30 showing was sold out and boy was it outstanding. There were several parts where I got a little uneasy and one part where I even chuckled when you weren’t suppose to due to what had just happened. Those of you who have seen it may know what I’m talking about and others that haven’t seen it, well, it involves a lock. 

The acting, cinematography, story was well done. For a movie based on one of the most notorious villains actually made you feel sorry for him from start to finish and made you in some ways rooting for him. 

When the movie got over there was a cop patrolling outside in the hallway outside the Joker movie we just saw.

Now was is it a coincidence seeing a cop patrolling the hallway due to all of this movie quite possible having a copycat shooting (Dark Knight Rises showing from Colorado) or is it a new policy at the theater to have a cop presence at all times? 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, sho said:

For me it was a mix of 'Taxi Driver', 'Falling Down' and 'The King of Comedy'.   If you like those three movies, you'll love the Joker.  With the success of this, I hope they do a movie similar to the game Arkham Asylum and tie this version of the Joker to a new darker DC universe which, IMO would have major box office success.

I can see elements of all of  those movies in the Joker.  Saw it on Sunday.  I liked it OK, not something I really want to see again though.  Not really my kind of movie.  Both my sons liked it a lot.