Cameron Jefferies

46 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Did u?  He played 2 B1G teams on it.  Khalil Mack must have not been very good bc he went to buffalo.  

Player A (Mack) succeeding, has nothing to do with player b (Jefferies) succeeding.

At this point, Coach Frost and this staff get a pass on their recruiting because of what they were able to accomplish at UCF.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with this kid.

6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well we'll see what happens.  For the record, I am okay with the coaches offering this kid if they think he can play.  CB is definitely a position of need.  I'm just a little leery of accepting a G5 player after the Tanner Lee incident.  And yeah I know, different positions, different schools, different coaches/circumstances, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Tanner Lee's stats at Tulane were no good. Jefferies did well at BG. Tanner Lee was practically guaranteed the starting QB job. Jefferies will sit if he is not worthy. If we get him, it is a major plus to get two CB in a single week in the the middle of June.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well we'll see what happens.  For the record, I am okay with the coaches offering this kid if they think he can play.  CB is definitely a position of need.  I'm just a little leery of accepting a G5 player after the Tanner Lee incident.  And yeah I know, different positions, different schools, different coaches/circumstances, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Even if he doesnt pan out in terms of playing time, he's a goal oriented hard working dude who will push others.  And what i liked most about his highlight video was how he laid the wood on the intended target.  Sign him right the hell NOW.  We need more guys with his mentality, physicality, and work ethic.  I think you will learn to love him in time (provided he comes here, that is). :) 

Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

Even if he doesnt pan out in terms of playing time, he's a goal oriented hard working dude who will push others.  And what i liked most about his highlight video was how he laid the wood on the intended target.  Sign him right the hell NOW.  We need more guys with his mentality, physicality, and work ethic.  I think you will learn to love him in time (provided he comes here, that is). :) 

I got nothing against the young man.  If he comes here, I hope he's awesome. 

And that hard-hitting though?  Will probably be good for at least 1 targeting and ejection call.

:sarcasm

(Sarcasm, but not really.  Sorry.  I'm still mad that Nate Gerry got ejected for that hard hit.)

:D

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I got nothing against the young man.  If he comes here, I hope he's awesome. 

And that hard-hitting though?  Will probably be good for at least 1 targeting and ejection call.

:sarcasm

(Sarcasm, but not really.  Sorry.  I'm still mad that Nate Gerry got ejected for that hard hit.)

:D

the targeting rule might be the worse the rule in all of sports....it should not exist.  can't fault kids for getting caught by it.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

the targeting rule might be the worse the rule in all of sports....it should not exist.  can't fault kids for getting caught by it.

It's a good rule, if it's called properly.  Unfortunately refs hear the pads popping and the knee jerk reaction is to throw the flag.  At least they can review it now.  My only beef is that we've seen some upheld, even after review, that had no business being a flag in the first place (such as Nate's hit vs UCLA as the prime example)

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

It's a good rule, if it's called properly.  Unfortunately refs hear the pads popping and the knee jerk reaction is to throw the flag.  At least they can review it now.  My only beef is that we've seen some upheld, even after review, that had no business being a flag in the first place (such as Nate's hit vs UCLA as the prime example)

Yes, the problem is that too often they don't differentiate between actual targeting of the head and incidental contact that comes when the head ducks into the line of fire. When called correctly it's a good rule.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I'm also shocked that we even considered a G5 coach.

• Plus1 6

10 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Player A (Mack) succeeding, has nothing to do with player b (Jefferies) succeeding.

At this point, Coach Frost and this staff get a pass on their recruiting because of what they were able to accomplish at UCF.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with this kid.

You said G5 transfer equal not worth it.  Mack G5 player.  Just one example of many of G5 players that are dudes.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:45 AM, ADS said:

Maybe, now stick with me here, he’ll actually stay two years and playing at a place like Nebraska is better exposure than Bowling Green.

I don't really follow the draft but doesn't the NFL seem to find a bunch of players from small schools every year?  Some places I have never heard of.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

You said G5 transfer equal not worth it.  Mack G5 player.  Just one example of many of G5 players that are dudes.

I said one player succeeding has nothing to do with another succeeding.

And this thread illustrates the source problem with recruiting: nobody seems to be allowed to express any doubt about a players ability.  

One-third to half of every recruiting class doesn't pan out.  That's just the nature of recruiting.  Everybody seems to think that every player we sign will be an all-american or at least very good and that simply is not statistical reality.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I said one player succeeding has nothing to do with another succeeding.

And this thread illustrates the source problem with recruiting: nobody seems to be allowed to express any doubt about a players ability.  

One-third to half of every recruiting class doesn't pan out.  That's just the nature of recruiting.  Everybody seems to think that every player we sign will be an all-american or at least very good and that simply is not statistical reality.

You're allowed to have doubts, and you're right that so many don't pan out.  But, some do, and you get none of those if you take no chances.  Anyway, I personally value your opinions, but in this one case, i just happen to disagree.  

Carry on.